Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #1
jbr

jbr is on a distinguished road
Default Forward inbound calls to PSTN if logged off?

Hi All,

Is there any way to forward to a PSTN number, calls coming to your Voxalot account, if/when you're not logged on to your Voxalot account?

Practical situation: on weekdays I'm logged on all day long, but on weekends, I may not, but would still like to get my calls from relatives and friends overseas, who often call my DIDs in the countries where they live

Regards,
Jose
jbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 02:48 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You can forward inbound calls to a PSTN, Mobile or SIP URI using the Call forwarding feature (Call Connection Rules) in the Premium service.

The rules are conditional on time of day and inbound number or provider, but not automatically on login or registration status.

You can make a rule to forward ALL calls to a PSTN number and activate it when you log off.
Hope this helps ....
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
jbr

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
You can make a rule to forward ALL calls to a PSTN number and activate it when you log off.
Since I expect to be loged off during most of the w-end, I created a rule, saying on weekends, from time x to y, I want my incoming calls to be forwarded to a PSTN.
Depending on the caller and the subject, I might then choose to log on and return the call, or not.

Best,
Jose
Unread 03-02-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
jbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
You can forward inbound calls to a PSTN, Mobile or SIP URI using the Call forwarding feature (Call Connection Rules) in the Premium service.
Is there any way to forward incoming calls to more than 1 destination, for instance both to a PSTN and to a mobile, simultaneously?

Being home, I'd take the call in PSTN; otherwise, I'd take the call in the mobile.

Cheers,
Jose
Unread 03-02-2008, 03:09 PM   #5
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Unfortunately, this feature is not yet supported by Voxalot.
I am sure that many users would find find this feature of forwarding to multiple endpoints simultaneously or sequentially very useful and practical.
In some cases, you can implement this with Voxalot by using a VoIP service that supports multiple forwards, as one of your PSTN providers.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #6
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbr View Post
Is there any way to forward incoming calls to more than 1 destination, for instance both to a PSTN and to a mobile, simultaneously?

Being home, I'd take the call in PSTN; otherwise, I'd take the call in the mobile.

Cheers,
Jose
I think you can setup this with callwithus.com: forward all calls to them, and they can fork it to multiple destinations.
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2008, 09:28 PM   #7
jbr

Hi,

Where in the the CallWithUs interface can you do that?

I've signed up, logged into my account, and could find no such feature

The service does seem feature reach, and rather interesting, but the interface is not very intuitive.

Regards,
Jose
Unread 03-15-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Hi,

Where in the the CallWithUs interface can you do that?

I've signed up, logged into my account, and could find no such feature

The service does seem feature reach, and rather interesting, but the interface is not very intuitive.

Regards,
Jose
Go to https://www.callwithus.com/faq#did
I cite from there:
Quote:
* Q. I have my own VOIP DID, can I redirect it using SIP protocol to you server?
* A. Yes. If you want to redirect the DID to ring your SIP client registered with our server, then set the DID calls forward with your DID provider to sip:username@callwithus.com, where username is your 9 digits username, the prefix sip: or sip/ depends on your DID provider. If you want to redirect the DID to ring your PSTN number using our service or to have additional features provided by our service like caller ID with name, multiple DID destinations, then we need to know the DID number to enter it to our system as a DID with 0 monthly price and $2 setup fee. Set the DID call forwarding with your provider to sip:didnumber@callwithus.com that case.
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #9
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Cheers,
Jose
You can try GrandCentral: The New Way to Use Your Phones and get a number. What you can do is to forward you calls to your grandcentral number which can then forward up to six of your other numbers. If you want to go technical, you may try mysipswitch or pbxes.org.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote