Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 04-17-2009, 02:03 AM   #1
nitrenium

nitrenium is on a distinguished road
Default Gurgaon to Delhi

I am in US trying to pick up Gurgaon PSTN line to call landline tel. numbers in Delhi. I am unable to make those calls though I am able to call cellphones in Delhi.

the cellphone numbers in India are 10 digits that start with 98. Landline phones in Delhi are 7 digits long. To call Delhi from Gurgaon, you need to dial 95112 before the Delhi's landline number.

Given the difference in number of didgits between cellphones and landlines with the prefix, I suspect that this could be a dialplan issue. Especially when I was able to make such calls previously before switching to Voxalot. Before Voxalot, I was using SIPPHONE service.

I am using Sipura 3000 at both ends (US & India); I am using basic free Voxalot service.
I would appreciate any help in troubleshooting this issue.
Thanks,
nitrenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I am using Sipura 3000 at both ends (US & India)
Are you calling another VoIP account or traditional PSTN number ?

If calling a landline number or mobile, does your calling pattern match the outgoing provider's dialing requirements?

Do you have coverage in your dial plan for the calling patterns needed?
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
nitrenium

nitrenium is on a distinguished road

I am calling another VOIP account (Voxalot). I have setup two accounts in my sipura setup in Gurgaon. One for the LINE1 and other for the PSTN. I use LINE1 to directly call the other end in Gurgaon and i use the PSTN account to get access to the PSTN line - Gurgaon local dial tone to connect anywhere in India.

The dialplan in my sipura in very basic - (xx.). Nothing else. This is what I had used previosuly when I had accounts with SIPPHONE.
Even now - with Voxalot, I can connect to regular cellphones in Delhi.

The setup fails when I dial Delhi's area code followed by the landline number. I get a recorded message (local telephone operator) indicating that the dialed number does not exist.

I don't know if I need to comply to any VOIP provider's dialing pattern. My sipura setup is simple and so is its use. I only use VOIP to make point-to-point calls or to mutually access the local dial tones for broader access in the two countries. Once on the broader network, local network's dialing patterns and charges apply.
I am struck because I don;t understand why I cannot call landline in Delhi via Voxalot when the other VOIP - SIPPHONE worked fine.

Last edited by nitrenium; 04-17-2009 at 04:12 AM. Reason: added content
nitrenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrenium View Post
I am calling another VOIP account (Voxalot). I have setup two accounts in my sipura setup in Gurgaon. One for the LINE1 and other for the PSTN. I use LINE1 to directly call the other end in Gurgaon and i use the PSTN account to get access to the PSTN line - Gurgaon local dial tone to connect anywhere in India.

The dialplan in my sipura in very basic - (xx.). Nothing else. This is what I had used previosuly when I had accounts with SIPPHONE.
Even now - with Voxalot, I can connect to regular cellphones in Delhi.

The setup fails when I dial Delhi's area code followed by the landline number. I get a recorded message (local telephone operator) indicating that the dialed number does not exist.

I don't know if I need to comply to any VOIP provider's dialing pattern. My sipura setup is simple and so is its use. I only use VOIP to make point-to-point calls or to mutually access the local dial tones for broader access in the two countries. Once on the broader network, local network's dialing patterns and charges apply.
I am struck because I don;t understand why I cannot call landline in Delhi via Voxalot when the other VOIP - SIPPHONE worked fine.
Ok,

So here's what I understand:

You have SPA3102 setup in India, with VoXalot on its PSTN line, and using the Voip to PSTN feature of the SPA3102.

I assume you're correctly getting the landline dialtone ... correct?

Any chance anything was changed when you converted from SipPhone to VoXalot?

This is my settings...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5-19-2009 4-40-11 PM.jpg (19.2 KB, 14 views)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
mohnashaat

mohnashaat is on a distinguished road

well i have a similar problem, do u have any news nitrenium, do u have the same problem

the problem i faced, i think its urs also, that with the DTMF signaling passing through voxalot (after hearing the dial tone of the pstn line) the number is not carried out correctly , for example (happened with me) u dial xxx2xxx, the 2 is repeated (even if u pressed it once) so the dialed number will be xxx22xxxx, that's why someone else answer or it gives u a message wrong number
mohnashaat is offline   Reply With Quote