Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
gabefarns

gabefarns is on a distinguished road
Default Inbound number configuration.

I have a local inbound number through Callcentric, and I'm using a Nokia e61i. I have outbound configured well, but I would like to use my Callcentric number for inbound calls through VoXaLot. I have searched around, but I'm new at this and nothing really made sense. Hopefully, someone can help.
gabefarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 04:12 AM   #2
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

If you are using a VoIP client registered to a Voxalot account, then you should be able to forward the Callcentric DID to the Voxalot account.

Log into the your Callcentric account, and under the Call treatments tab, you can set up a Forward to your Voxalot account (xxxxxx@voxalot.com).

You can also set up a forward under the Preferences\DID Forwarding sub-tab.

If you use a Premium account, you can also set up Callcentric as a registered provider in your Voxalot account.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
gabefarns

gabefarns is on a distinguished road

Okay, I have everything working over WLAN, but what about 3G? Can I configure my VoXaLot account and or phone to deliver calls over the 3G network? If so, how, exactly?
gabefarns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2008, 05:05 AM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

I have never used an E61, so this is a bit of a guess.

I would think that the VoIP client would be able to connect using the "internet connection" to the E61, whether over Wifi or 3G. However, the 3G provider may be blocking VoIP connections over the mobile network, or charge extra for that capability. You may want to check with the provider about this.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote