Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-09-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
gelcom

gelcom is on a distinguished road
Default Error message: sorry the number you have called cannot be connected please try again

I successfully registered to a sip provider via Voxalot and I was receiving calls every day. Suddenly everytime somebody calls my voip in number he receives the message: "Sorry the number you have called cannot be connected please try again". The status of the Voip Server Provider List is "registered". The most strange think is that if I connect that VSP directly with my ATA without registering to Voxalot the calls are completed but if I connect this VSP via Voxalot I receive this error message even though the status of connection is "registered". This situation started a few days ago but I haven't change any settings lately. All other VSP works perfectly. Does anyone have any idea on whta't going on?

thanks in advance and sorry for my broken English.

kind regards
gelcom
from Brazil
gelcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelcom View Post
I successfully registered to a sip provider via Voxalot and I was receiving calls every day. Suddenly everytime somebody calls my voip in number he receives the message: "Sorry the number you have called cannot be connected please try again". The status of the Voip Server Provider List is "registered". The most strange think is that if I connect that VSP directly with my ATA without registering to Voxalot the calls are completed but if I connect this VSP via Voxalot I receive this error message even though the status of connection is "registered". This situation started a few days ago but I haven't change any settings lately. All other VSP works perfectly. Does anyone have any idea on whta't going on?

thanks in advance and sorry for my broken English.

kind regards
gelcom
from Brazil

One thing to try,is to completely remove/delete the provider from the registered list on VoXalot, give a few hours then add it again and see if anything changes....

How long did this setup work for?
Are you by any chance Call Forwarding calls that come in to this provider somewhere else, try turning that off just in case....
Which provider is it?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 09:26 AM   #3
gelcom

Well. I tried before to remove that VSP from the list then I added it again a few minutes later. I'll try this again but this time I'll wait a few hours.
This setup worked for a couple of weeks flawless. There is no call forward of any kind with that VSP. The most strange this is that if I connect it via ATA without using voxalot as an intermediary the VSP works fine. When I set Voxalot to connect to this VSP and I connect my ATA to Voxalot I get problems.
VSP is a brazilian provider called "TMais"
voipMais | TMais VoIP
sip.tmais.com.br
port 5060

regards
gelcom
Unread 01-09-2008, 01:44 PM   #4
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

The web site (voipMais | TMais VoIP) seems to indicate a different SIP proxy :
Quote:
SIP Proxy primário: sip1.tmaisngn.com.br
SIP Proxy secundário: sip2.tmaisngn.com.br
You could also try using the DNS :
Quote:
Obs.: caso ocorra algum problema na configuração e a linha não se registrar, tentar com os seguintes DNS: 200.173.132.140 / 200.192.23.178.
Perhaps the provider has changed their settings.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2008, 02:23 PM   #5
gelcom

I removed that VSP from my list and then I waited 10 hours then I tried again. Same thing happened: voxalot said: registered but no calls gets connected. I always get the error message when calling my DID number. If I connect my VSP directly from my ATA the call connects flawlessly. I haven't set up any call forward. This used to work until Dec 31th.

Sip provider is sip.tmais.com.br

There is a friend of mine who's got the same problem.
Unread 01-10-2008, 04:20 PM   #6
gelcom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
The web site (voipMais | TMais VoIP) seems to indicate a different SIP proxy :

You could also try using the DNS :

Perhaps the provider has changed their settings.

When I change my SIP server to that ones you suggested I get the same problem: VSP registered but the error message persists. DID number: +55 (11) 26267110.

regards
gelcom
Unread 01-11-2008, 06:03 PM   #7
gelcom

Default Voxalot Staff Wanted !!!!

Is there any Voxalot Staff in this forum that can assist me with that?
Unread 01-15-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

There is always the possibility that the problem is with the provider.
Could you also check with TMais if they are blocking Voxalot from working with their service or at least if they can check your registration records when you are using Voxalot?
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2008, 07:40 PM   #9
gelcom

I contacted tMais and they told me that they do not block any voip service from loggin in. As a matter of fact they confirmed that I'm alrealdy logged in via IP 64.34.173.199 Sip port 5061.

Is this error message I heard on the phone is generated by Voxalot or by TMais?

If there any specific information I should ask my VSP in order to have this problem solved pls let me know.

regards
Gustavo
Unread 01-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #10
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gelcom View Post
Is this error message I heard on the phone is generated by Voxalot or by TMais?

If there any specific information I should ask my VSP in order to have this problem solved pls let me know.

regards
Gustavo
Hello Gustavo,

It is a Voxalot message. My guess is that the provider (TMais) is *not* sending the INVITE to the Contact URI that Voxalot sent them upon registration.

i.e. instead of initiating an INVITE to sip:xxxxxx@<voxalot server ip address> where xxxxxx is your Voxalot account number, they are sending sip:<something else>@<voxalot server ip address>

There have been cases of this in the past:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11382

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote