Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-18-2010, 07:27 AM   #1
Oigle05

Oigle05 is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot to Voxalot calls dropping out

This has got me stumped. Last week I opened up three free accounts with Vox and activated them in the normal way.
today I proceeded to connect up two of them to Minitar MVA11a adaptors.
They register ok, get dial tone ok and can call between the units ok. Problem is that the calls only last for about 45 seconds, then drop out.
I can call my old original, working number from either of these units and the call stays connected.
I can call the other units from my original...no problem.
If I put the settings for the other customer into my unit I get drop outs.
So it appears that the three new accounts have problems between each other only.
Can anyone tell me if they have experienced the same problem or not?
I think that maybe the three accounts might need to be re-set.
O
Oigle05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #2
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

be patient. emoci appears here at least once a week.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Oigle05

Once a week is not what I call support, but I will see when things start to happen.
O
Unread 05-21-2010, 12:43 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

This is what Ican suggest...
-Avoid using the US server as it has been having issues lately
-If the three VoXalot accts you setup are registered behind the same network (same IP) make sure each account is using a different port, and you adjust the RTP ports so they do not overlap...if the accounts are registered behind different IPs ignore this...
-Attempt to call between the accts using *010-number or *031-number
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
Oigle05

Thanks emoci, I will look into what you have suggested. The numbers are in different towns but possibly on the same network, so I'll see whet the go is there.
I did find, however, that I don't get the drop out problem when I call from my own personal vox number to my customer's number, but when I put one of the customer's numbers into my ata the drop out problem occurs.
O
Unread 05-21-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
beaver

beaver is on a distinguished road

Presently, I have to add "*010" to make voxlaot member call, as emoci mentioned. (My dial plan stopped working a while and I believe it's us server related). you could try this simple fix first.

Also, I reported in another thread, to make voxalot working, 2xxxxx has to use eu.voxalot, meanwhile, 1xxxxx could use proxy01.us1.voxalot. That hints you might have a problem when you run all accounts using ONE proxy. I confirmed many times that 2xxxxx was/is not working on proxy01.us1.voxalot recently, but 1xxxxx did/does.
beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2010, 06:44 AM   #7
Oigle05

I'll give the *010 thing a try. It seems really strange that this is only happening between the three new account numbers. They all start with different digits and I only get the drop-outs between these.

When I put my own, old, original, working number into an ata, all works fine, but not when I change only the number and password to one of the new ones.
Weird!!

O
Unread 05-22-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oigle05 View Post
I'll give the *010 thing a try. It seems really strange that this is only happening between the three new account numbers. They all start with different digits and I only get the drop-outs between these.

When I put my own, old, original, working number into an ata, all works fine, but not when I change only the number and password to one of the new ones.
Weird!!

O
Are the new accts being registered against the US server or any of the US proxies.... or are you registering with the US server...

See, at the moment there is an issue with the US server....it works fine with everything that was there originally...but any new changes do not seem to propagate through... I've left notes for the guys...but unfortunately I have no access to do a server reset or anything of the kind...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2010, 12:33 AM   #9
Oigle05

OK, the three accounts, in the log in page, have the "preferred cluster" set to au.voxalot.com
Each of the ATA's are set to the same server (au) as is my original.
I haven't yet tried the *010 xxxxxx