Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 05-05-2008, 09:57 AM   #1
davin

davin is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forwarding - alternate rule in case of registration failure

What I would like to happen, is connect all incoming calls destined to my Engin DID number to the voxalot number. What I would also like, is for the call to forward to my mobile if the ATA fails to register (eg during an internet outage).

Call forwarding rules in place:

10 - all calls on my Engin DID - handling logic: connect to voxalot number
15 - all calls on my Engin DID - handling logic: connect to phone number <my mobile> via pennytel

My ATA is registered to voxalot and receives the call fine when you call the Engin DID number, but when I power the ATA off and you my DID number, you get a disconnected tone. I've tried using numerous VSP's to route the call to my mobile on (including ones that are and aren't registered by voxalot).

AM I doing this wrong, or is voxalot not capable of this?
davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 11:56 AM   #2

130166 is on a distinguished road

Voxalot is not capable of this? (15 is not read because 10 already agree.)

I think it is the most wanted feature, and I think it must not very difficult only give the possibility change "voicemail" to "other destination" or in call forwards give the possiblity to give second destination after some time.

But probably to less paying members for changes?
130166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #3
davin

davin is on a distinguished road

I guess it depends on your definition. Rule 10 may have been matched, but not successfully executed (ie it didn't connect the call via the voxalot).

This is hugely frustrating, as the whole reason I set up premium voxalot with our Engin accounts, was after Engin discontinued all their call control features except basic call forward. I used to have the service divert to my mobile if the ATA failed to register, but now the only way to get that to happen is divert on no answer. I ended up with calls from our shop's phone diverted to my mobile at all hours of the night if they kept ringing long enough. It was even one of the Engin support staff who suggested I use voxalot to get this functionality back.

So close but sooooooooooooooooo far
davin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 07:45 PM   #4

505117 is on a distinguished road
Default Call forward no registration support needed

I enforce the suggestion to implement a call forward option based on the device registration status. Nowadays the calls are diverted to voice-mail when the device is not registered, but hearing the voice-mail prompt is not useful if the call is either an emergency or something important.

It would be good to hear from Voxalot team if this feature is in the roadmap and when we will enjoy it.

Thanks in advance.
505117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
yorkhoh

yorkhoh is on a distinguished road
Default +1 supporter for this feature

I whole-heartedly agree and wish this feature to be implemented.

I am on Naked DSL and even though I, personally, am not too concerned about the incoming (home) phone calls, there are other members of the household who are.

Being disconnected and offline - results in ATA not registering to the sip server.

And just plain sometimes, the ATA just doesn't register to the sip server - even when internet is available.

Having the ability to "forward calls on registration failure" is pretty high on my priority list.

As it stands, I paid for VoxPro account for which I haven't used. Tried it out for maybe a week and am using SipSorcery.com to cater for this particular need.

I hope Voxalot doesn't automatically bill me 1 year from now when my initial subscription period ends.
yorkhoh is offline   Reply With Quote