Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-04-2007, 01:55 PM   #1
rajtp

rajtp is on a distinguished road
Default Voxalot alternatives

Now that inbound SIP registrations will only be allowed for the premium service, I'm looking to find other providers that can offer me this. Are there any alternatives which work similarly to voxalot and offer free inbound SIP registrations (even if it's only a single)

I strongly think voxalot should maintain a single SIP registration for its basic service but it doesn't seem to
rajtp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
dennisd345

dennisd345 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dennisd345 Send a message via Skype™ to dennisd345
Default Iptel.org has forwarding, registrations etc.

I suggest you take a look at iptel.org, they offer quite a bit at no cost. Also, Grand Central is now part of Google and has "Call Me" buttons for html, test them out,,,(USA only) but maybe with iptels call forwarding etc. it can forward to voip numbers in other countries?
dennisd345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #3
foneboxx

foneboxx is on a distinguished road

i think this is kinda rude to use the voxalot forum to ask a similar service knowing that Martin and all the staff did a great free job for all of us for months!
You can disagree with the Premium service but damn! how come after using the system freely for a while you ask for something similar just here?
We are talking about a yearly subscription and not a per month tarrif...Damn! Free is gonna kill people !
foneboxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #4
rajtp

I am grateful to Martin and the staff too for providing this free service for all these months. However, I do disagree with taking sip registrations completely off the basic service (they should allow at least a single)

I don't think Martin would mind an open exchange of views on this forum and I'm sure he agrees people who cannot afford to pay for annual service will look for alternatives (25 dollars converted to another currency can be quite a bit for some nationalities and I think you're ignorant of that fact)
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:40 PM   #5
rajtp

Dennis, iptel.org only seems to offer voip open-source servers. I don't see any functionality similar to voxalot. Can you confirm?

Thx
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:42 PM   #6
foneboxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtp View Post
I am grateful to Martin and the staff too for providing this free service for all these months. However, I do disagree with taking sip registrations completely off the basic service (they should allow at least a single)

I don't think Martin would mind an open exchange of views on this forum and I'm sure he agrees people who cannot afford to pay for annual service will look for alternatives (25 dollars converted to another currency can be quite a bit for some nationalities and I think you're ignorant of that fact)

So why not just ask him before posting? ...
Strange you got registered on this forum on July and guess what ?! you got 3 posts and we're only the 4th, so this means that all you did during that long time you used voxalot free (as you thank Martin and staff for that) was just "using freely" the service and now you want an open exchange of views as the premium service got launched? MAN!Pleaaaase!
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:43 PM   #7
rajtp

Sorry dennis, i found it
About SIP Express Router | iptel.org
thx
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:47 PM   #8
rajtp

foneboxx, i hate to continue this discussion as this forum isn't meant for that.

You belong to a group of people that promote non-competitive views. You will never understand that competition is the healthiest thing in this world! I don't see anywhere in voxalot's terms and conditions preventing or even discouraging talking about competitors. Martin would himself agree with this - he rather have knowledgeable customers than customers that are ignorantly signing up for his service...

I'll let you have the last word (as far as this non-technical discussion goes...)
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
foneboxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtp View Post
foneboxx, i hate to continue this discussion as this forum isn't meant for that.

You belong to a group of people that promote non-competitive views. You will never understand that competition is the healthiest thing in this world! I don't see anywhere in voxalot's terms and conditions preventing or even discouraging talking about competitors. Martin would himself agree with this - he rather have knowledgeable customers than customers that are ignorantly signing up for his service...

I'll let you have the last word (as far as this non-technical discussion goes...)
So you're speaking in the name of "Martin himself"...humm
ok, this is my last word: I'm OUT...
edit: forgot to thank you, now it's done ! you've been thanked one time
Unread 07-04-2007, 02:57 PM   #10
rajtp

David, I did register but cannot seem to find how to configure this thing. It directs me to my account which shows missed calls, etc but nothing else.

Have you used this service before?

Thx