Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 11-04-2007, 02:40 AM   #1
calebsg

calebsg is on a distinguished road
Default SPA-3102 dialtone beeping initially

Hi,

Just getting into the VoIP thing and I have an SPA-3102 set up with Voxalot, dialing out to les.net most of the time.

When I first pick up my POTS handset (which is connected to the SPA-3102) the dial tone beeps for a few seconds before going steady. I am wondering if someone might know why this is?

Thanks,
Caleb
calebsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2007, 04:17 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebsg View Post
Hi,

Just getting into the VoIP thing and I have an SPA-3102 set up with Voxalot, dialing out to les.net most of the time.

When I first pick up my POTS handset (which is connected to the SPA-3102) the dial tone beeps for a few seconds before going steady. I am wondering if someone might know why this is?

Thanks,
Caleb
You've got VoiceMail that hasn't been erased, or if you've erased your VM, then your Message Waiting Indicator did not reset automatically (just powercycle the ATA)

The interrupted beep when you pick up happens when you've got new messages in general though...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote