Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-09-2008, 07:44 PM   #1
wellread1

wellread1 is on a distinguished road
Default Optimize Audio Path - What does it do

Does any one know what the "Optimize Audio Path" on the Service Provider Page does? When I turn it on for sipphone I lose the audio from the call recipient. However, the call recipient can hear me. Knowing what this does may help me diagnose my problem.

Notes: I have symmetric NAT handling OFF as per the instructions. My ATA is an unlocked RTP300 which is attached directly to my cable modem and it has successfully registered. I have the same problem when this ATA is connected directly to sipphone.com instead of via Voxalot. I get bidirectional sound if I turn "Optimize Audio Path" off. And finally I get bidirectional sound when I am connected to Callcentric with "Optimize Audio Path" on.
wellread1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 02:24 PM   #2
v164

v164 is a jewel in the roughv164 is a jewel in the rough
Default Optimize Audio Path - attempts to have voice bypass VoXaLot

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellread1 View Post
Does any one know what the "Optimize Audio Path" on the Service Provider Page does? When I turn it on for sipphone I lose the audio from the call recipient. However, the call recipient can hear me. Knowing what this does may help me diagnose my problem.

Notes: I have symmetric NAT handling OFF as per the instructions. My ATA is an unlocked RTP300 which is attached directly to my cable modem and it has successfully registered. I have the same problem when this ATA is connected directly to sipphone.com instead of via Voxalot. I get bidirectional sound if I turn "Optimize Audio Path" off. And finally I get bidirectional sound when I am connected to Callcentric with "Optimize Audio Path" on.
See this thread:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...s-voxalot.html
v164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
wellread1

wellread1 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the referral, I would have never found that post on my own. If I understand the jist of that post, then setting the Optimize Audio Path to "Yes" causes the SIP packets to bypass Voxalot entirely.
wellread1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2008, 04:21 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by wellread1 View Post
Thanks for the referral, I would have never found that post on my own. If I understand the jist of that post, then setting the Optimize Audio Path to "Yes" causes the SIP packets to bypass Voxalot entirely.
Well, yes....unless the other end is not properly set up to receive SIP invites (in which case it will likely default to proxying). Also some providers do not have very good support for this.

VoXalot does not get involved in the SIP packet exchange (if Optimize is working properly), but it still stays in the middle sending the two ends ReInvites telling them where to find each other.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote