Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-16-2006, 03:36 AM   #1
pujitha

pujitha is on a distinguished road
Default Unable to Use Voxalot

Hi,

Could someone please help.

I have tried to use Voxalot using my Grandstram HT496 and also via the web. But I was not successful with both methods.

1. I configured my HT496 for the server voxalot.com.au and also tried voxalot.com. Both did not work. I have active accounts with VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP. I configured the dial plans as explained in the tutorial but could not take calls. I get the dial tone but when I dial a number I get a message saying that the call cannot be connected. What could be the reason?

2. I tried to use VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP to take calls via the web without using my HT496. The first number rings (i.e. my PSTN number) but fails to connect to the other party. What could be the reason?

Thanks.

Pujitha
pujitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2006, 06:19 AM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujitha
1. I configured my HT496 for the server voxalot.com.au and also tried voxalot.com. Both did not work. I have active accounts with VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP. I configured the dial plans as explained in the tutorial but could not take calls. I get the dial tone but when I dial a number I get a message saying that the call cannot be connected. What could be the reason?
Do you get the expected results when you type in a test number at the bottom of the Dial Plan page? In order to assist you, we'd need you to post your Dial Plan so we can have a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pujitha
2. I tried to use VOIPSTUNT, VOIPDISCOUNT and also VOIPCHEAP to take calls via the web without using my HT496. The first number rings (i.e. my PSTN number) but fails to connect to the other party. What could be the reason?
All three of those providers are really the same outfit only support Web Callback on one leg of the call. Try calling a PSTN number via one of those providers and something like *393613 (FWD Echo Test) through Sip Broker for the other leg and see if you don't have success.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote