Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 06-19-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
heatray

heatray is on a distinguished road
Default Sipbroker e164.org support on a Billion 7402vgp...

Hi, I've a Billion 7402VGP and want to use Sipbroker e164.org support on this device

I found this thread on the Billion Site..

VGP + SIP Broker gateway - Billion Product Support Forums

It says "We are happy to announce official SIP Broker support on a Billion 7402VGP."

But the link included does not appear to work...

http://forum.sipbroker.com/showthread.php?t=269

Just wondering where this info is now?

Or if someone can re-post it for us...

HEATH
heatray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #2
Grahame

Grahame is on a distinguished road

Could I support Heath in this request.

I would be very grateful to know how Sipbroker support access from a Billion 7404VGP.

Best regards

Grahame
Grahame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Grahame

Heath,

I have managed to configure my 7404VGP to call out via the Gateway function directly to SipBroker. I'm not sure of the difference between a 7404 and 7402 but perhaps you might want to give it a try.

Set up a VoIP profile in the router with the following settings:

Profile Name: SipBroker
Registrar Address: sipbroker.com
Register Port: 5060
Expire:3600
UserDomain/Realm: leave blank
Outbound Proxy: leave blank
Outbound Proxy Port: 5060
Phone number: anon
Authentication Username: anon
Authentication Password: leave blank

Create a dial plan entry *x. and select Sipbroker from the drop down list of provider profiles and click Apply.

You should now be able to call direct to SipBroker e.g test number *011188888, monkey test *266300, ENUM server *013 then number.

Don't forget to save your config.

Hope this helps

Best regards

Grahame
Unread 10-03-2008, 07:17 AM   #4
heatray

Default Do you get a non Enum call to place?

Grahame,

I''ve got my box setup very similar to yours.

And manage to place calls including via SIPBROKER....

When I dial a number that has a match via the enum service the called in placed. But when I dial a nubmer where the is no match via the ENUM service the call is not returned and connected as I would expect.

Does your use of the ENUM service reflect this?

There is also a ENUM service/process that I have found logging onto the box. and it returns a positive or negative EMUN response. But I can't see how this can be invoked during the dialing process from like a dial plan for instance. Anoone had any joy with this function also?

Ta,

HEATH
Unread 10-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #5
Grahame

Hi Heath,

If I have understood, you want to call from the Billion to Sipbroker for an ENUM lookup ( *013 number ). If there is no ENUM registration for the number, you would like the Billion to pass the call automatically to PennyTel.

I don't think you will able to do this with the Billion. My 7404 clearly states in the docs that it is possible to link a dial plan entry to @ENUM. As far as I understand Billion have not implemented this ( which is why I posted the Sipbroker workaround in this thread ). Even if they had, I doubt they would have included the logic to pass the "failed" ENUM call to another VoIP profile. This is more SIP server capability than VoIP gateway capability.

What I can do in my 7404 is to specify that any VoIP call which results in a range of SIP error codes is automatically passed to PSTN. Note PSTN not another VoIP provider.

This is pretty much the same functionality as outlined on the Sipbroker site for Linksys/Sipura devices i.e a failed ENUM look up is passed to the device's PSTN gateway.

You could use Voxalot instead of Sipbroker to handle the ENUM look up and then pass the "failed ENUM call" to PennyTel, but more work, more links in the chain etc.

You seem pretty determined to make this work, could you explain a bit more why ENUM/sipbroker/PennyTel so important to you ?

Anyway, I hope this helps. My Billion is a 7404VGP with European Firmware 5.60c

Best regards

Grahame
Unread 10-09-2008, 08:07 AM   #6
heatray

Default always a trier!

Grahame,

What I was wanting to do was drive the ENUM TEST CLI that I found on the billion for every call. If no match pass the call via the STD dial plan, otherwise to the ENUM service that had the match.

I'm trying to make the process work seamlessly. Without having to use an alternate source like Voxalot.

When I from the Billion CLI found the ENUM command and it actually did what i wanted on the box (at the command line at least) I thought great, almost there.

But invoking the ENUM lookup function as part of every dialout to lookup the number and returns either the direct path or direct the call via the diaplan hasn’t been something I’ve yet managed.

The need to use it. Well, as you may have guessed, using Pennytel we are not paying a heap for our calls anyway. I saw this service and thought what a great idea. It’s the sort of things that the more its propagated the more it will be beneficial. And so I’d just like to get it working. Its the challenge of it really I guess. And it seems so bloody close!

thanks for your input and ideas...

Regards, HEATH
Unread 10-09-2008, 09:09 AM   #7
Grahame

Hi Heath,

I entirely agree it would be great if this could be done within the box. My documentation says:

"@ENUM>: Meaning making a VoIP SIP direct call via E.164 number (“ENUM”) to an ENUM callee. Electronic Number (ENUM) uses the DNS (Domain Network System) based technology to map between a traditional phone number (PSTN) to an Internet addresses/ SIP URL. The ENUM number must be registered via a public ENUM site or your VoIP Service Provider."

However, this functionality does not exist in the version of firmware I have. I'm going to raise this with Billion UK, I'll let you know if anything useful comes back.

Billion also provided me a set up guide for VoIP when I bought the box. There is nothing specifically this documentation about ENUM but there is a reference:

VoIP Dial Plan and CLI Guides:
Billion Product Support Forums -> VoIP

I cannot access this link as I'm based in Europe ( site seems to be for Billion Australia users only ) but it might be worth a look to see if there is anything on this forum link which may help.

I'll let you know if Billion UK come up trumps.

Best regards

Grahame