Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #1
vikasintl

vikasintl is on a distinguished road
Question can we make out going calls if we upgrade?

I think even though we dont upgrade we will be able to receive calls from our DID number to our x-lite software correct?

and if we upgrade can we make out going calls also ?
vikasintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM   #2
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

If your incoming is via a SIP URI directly to voxalot, then you are fine on VoxBasic -- assuming no need for call forwarding from voxalot or web call back.

Anybody can register as many outgoing providers as they like for free and make outgoing calls via any of them without needing VoxPremium. The caveat is that if a provider itself doesn't allow you to make outgoing calls unless they are registered, then that will be a reason to need VoxPremium.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
vikasintl

Question outgoing calls...how??

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
If your incoming is via a SIP URI directly to voxalot, then you are fine on VoxBasic -- assuming no need for call forwarding from voxalot or web call back.

Anybody can register as many outgoing providers as they like for free and make outgoing calls via any of them without needing VoxPremium. The caveat is that if a provider itself doesn't allow you to make outgoing calls unless they are registered, then that will be a reason to need VoxPremium.
Actually am confused about outgoing calls...
I dont have any paid account with any of the service provider ...all are free.
so I want to know if I upgrade will I be able to make few calls to USA?

can you explain me in little more detail? I am located in India and have friends in USA to whom I want to call either free or cheap...tell me if voxalot upgrade can help in any way?
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:51 PM   #4
affinity

Usually you need a 'pay for' provider to call off-net numbers, the exception is calling toll free numbers where these are made available.

If you want to call your friends in the US or anywhere else for that matter, for free -- then get them to sign up to Voxalot and you will then be able to call their voxalot number from your voxalot registered device. You and your friends can use VoxBasic if this is all you want to be able to do
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:00 PM   #5
vikasintl

Question I want to call their mobiles or land lines...not computer

Quote:
Usually you need a 'pay for' provider to call off-net numbers, the exception is calling toll free numbers where these are made available.

If you want to call your friends in the US or anywhere else for that matter, for free -- then get them to sign up to Voxalot and you will then be able to call their voxalot number from your voxalot registered device. You and your friends can use VoxBasic if this is all you want to be able to do
You suggested to ask my friends to sign up to voxalot and I can call their voxalot number...how ?I am using x-lite software..not any hardware or device like ATA
Also I think if I call their voxalot number that means we both have to be on computer..I want to call their mobile or land line numbers...please explain...
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:22 PM   #6
yfm

yfm is on a distinguished road

If they buy and install a telephone analog adapter (ATA) they will be able to receive calls through the telephone connected to this ATA. If they install an ATA with a FXO port that has hop on/hop off capability then they can forward their voxalot calls to any telephone they want in the U.S.
yfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 05:25 PM   #7
affinity

In some cases, a software phone is just as good as using an ATA.

Calling fixed lines and mobiles [traditional telephone services] requires either a sponsored cost or a cost for which you will have to pay.... Some VSPs offer free calls to particular locations, but there is usually a catch -- there isn't too many free lunches available.
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:01 PM   #8
vikasintl

Default what about a mobile number

Quote:
Originally Posted by yfm View Post
If they buy and install a telephone analog adapter (ATA) they will be able to receive calls through the telephone connected to this ATA. If they install an ATA with a FXO port that has hop on/hop off capability then they can forward their voxalot calls to any telephone they want in the U.S.
if they buy and install ata ...can they forward calls to their mobile from ata?

and if they sign up with voxalot basic and configure ata with voxalot basic will it be free for both of us?

and is it free to transfer from ata to either mobile or landline numbers for them?
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:04 PM   #9
vikasintl

Default can you suggest one good company?

Quote:
In some cases, a software phone is just as good as using an ATA.

Calling fixed lines and mobiles [traditional telephone services] requires either a sponsored cost or a cost for which you will have to pay.... Some VSPs offer free calls to particular locations, but there is usually a catch -- there isn't too many free lunches available.
Suppose if I am ready to pay to any service provider(please suggest one or two) I can call traditional phone numbers either using web call back or mobile call back is that correct?
and do I have to upgrade to voxalot premium to make outgoing calls?
Unread 07-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #10
affinity

If they have a plan which allows them to call their own mobiles free from their home phone, then it may be possible for them to divert their calls to their mobile -- but you still need to call their home number and that won't be free. You can call their ATA, but they will have to pay for any calls outgoing from their ATA to their mobile.