Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 03-10-2007, 12:56 AM   #31
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

If you set up voxalot with the appropriate plan, it can be used for web call backs, call forwarding and possibly other features. You can also have multiple devices registered to your voxalot account and they can share the dial plan settings.

There is a place for local dial plans settings too, but these should be specific for the device and may be the difference between using VoIP or PSTN, such as a 000 call which should always route via the PSTN.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:14 AM   #32
ozimarco

Location: Lower Chittering, about an hour from Perth, Western Australia
ozimarco is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to ozimarco

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxod View Post
I don't know how the Voxalot dial plan matters if my ATA has the plan. Should I remove the dial plan from my ATA and figure out a dial plan for Voxalot?
The only dial plan I have in my PAP2 ATA for line 1, which is registered to Voxalot, is [x*][x*]. (including the dot at the end). All other dial plans are configured online within Voxalot itself.
ozimarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2007, 04:27 AM   #33
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I don't know what is the best dial plan set up for a PAP2, I mostly use Billion VoIP gear.

For Billion, I leave the 000 set up to go via the PSTN -- I add an entry for 1800 numbers and 13 numbers so that these usually go via the PSTN as these often route differently depending on your geographic location [I am talking about use in Australia here].

I also add a prefix of ** to become * and another for *** to become **, the first allows me to use sipbroker codes and the second allows me to do voxalot speed dials.

So, the answer as to what is right for your set up might be quite different to others -- this is why this thread is here, so that people can get ideas from others to help them work out what they themselves might need.

And if I want to use 13 or 1800 numbers via VoIP, then I use a prefix that I have defined in voxalot dial plans.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #34
oleras

oleras is on a distinguished road
Default _ALL_ outgoing call via Voipbuster ?

Hello

I think i have read almost everything about dialplans now, without finding (understand) what i need, a dialplan where _ALL_ outgoing call goes via the same provider, in my case Voipbuster !.

I live in Denmark and 99 % of my call is domestic.

Vi don't have any kind of areacode here ! - Only countrycode, 0045.

All phonenumbers in DK is 8 digits. - But because Voipbuster is located in Germany (?) i must add 0045 in front of all calls to domestic numbers here in DK.

What i need is a dialplan there route all outgoing call to VoipBuster, and automatic add 0045 in front when i call a XXXXXXXX (8 digit) domestic number. - And also _don't_ add 0045 if i call f.ex. 0034 (Spain) or any other foreign calls.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !.

Best regards from Denmark

/Ole

Last edited by oleras; 03-15-2007 at 02:30 PM.
oleras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 10:40 PM   #35
oleras

oleras is on a distinguished road

Hello again...

Just forget my questions above ! - I see now that it's not possible to use VoipBuster from Voxalot anymore :-(

/Ole
oleras is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2007, 01:58 PM   #36
usera

usera is on a distinguished road

this isn't completely true. I placed a 2 minute call just recently. But before that I did get busy signals trying to make a call.
usera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #37
twen

twen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleras View Post
Hello

I think i have read almost everything about dialplans now, without finding (understand) what i need, a dialplan where _ALL_ outgoing call goes via the same provider, in my case Voipbuster !.

I live in Denmark and 99 % of my call is domestic.

Vi don't have any kind of areacode here ! - Only countrycode, 0045.

All phonenumbers in DK is 8 digits. - But because Voipbuster is located in Germany (?) i must add 0045 in front of all calls to domestic numbers here in DK.

What i need is a dialplan there route all outgoing call to VoipBuster, and automatic add 0045 in front when i call a XXXXXXXX (8 digit) domestic number. - And also _don't_ add 0045 if i call f.ex. 0034 (Spain) or any other foreign calls.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance !.

Best regards from Denmark

/Ole
Hello Ole,

You just have to have 2 rules in you dialplan.

First for "international" calls like spain. you will normally dial 0034xxxxxxxxx (I don't know how luch digits have a spanish number)
the rules would be in the advanced mode :

Priority : 1
Pattern : _00.
Replacement : ${EXTEN}
Provider : VOIPBuster
ENUM : ${EXTEN:2} YES
Geographical number : *blank* No
Active : yes

With this rule, when you dial any number beginning with 00, it send the number to voipbuster, as is. And checks at the same time a possible VoIP number (ENUM).

add a second rule, which follow this one.

Priority : 2
Pattern : _xxxxxxxx
Replacement : 0045${EXTEN}
Provider : VOIPBuster
ENUM : 45${EXTEN} YES
Geographical number : *blank* No
Active : yes

With this rules, any number (that don't match th first rule) and is made of 8 digits, will first have 0045 as prefix added in front of thenumber then be send to VoIPBuster.

Hope this helps
twen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-25-2007, 11:10 PM   #38
twen

twen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleras View Post
Just forget my questions above ! - I see now that it's not possible to use VoipBuster from Voxalot anymore :-(/Ole
If you are using the voxalot european server, you might have lots of issues. You're right. I switched momentarily to the us server, and call can be placed. It just take a little longer to get the communication.

Olivier
twen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 03:29 PM   #39
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

Anyone know if it's possible to make a dial plan that says if call is either UK or France go to provider X. My guess would be:

_00[33,44]. or _00[(33)(44)].

but those are not understood correctly by the dial plan. Of course I could make two dial plans, but I wanted to add a few and make it neater and easier!
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2007, 03:48 PM   #40
pelikano

pelikano is on a distinguished road

try this;

_00[34][34].

valid numbers will be: _0033, _0034, _0043, _0044
pelikano is offline   Reply With Quote