Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 01-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #1
amroe

amroe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to amroe Send a message via AIM to amroe Send a message via MSN to amroe Send a message via Yahoo to amroe Send a message via Skype™ to amroe
Smile Caller ID at Voxalot

i hope that voxalot group make it work in next update relase , to let it work at the provider list voxalot should add Auth ID and Auth password including the user name and password, becuse caller id in certain voip provider need it , to pass the caller id number
amroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2007, 09:28 PM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

Have you looked at the "[Advanced Mode]" provider detail page. On this page you have the option of fine tuning your provider settings including:

fromuser
username <- authid

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #3
amroe

Send a message via ICQ to amroe Send a message via AIM to amroe Send a message via MSN to amroe Send a message via Yahoo to amroe Send a message via Skype™ to amroe
Smile iam not expert

iam not a profisonal one can you please more specific , and my auturocation id is different than the user name my aut id is my mobile number
Unread 01-29-2007, 12:43 PM   #4
amroe

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
Hi,

Have you looked at the "[Advanced Mode]" provider detail page. On this page you have the option of fine tuning your provider settings including:

fromuser
username <- authid
please martin , explain in simple format , its important to me and iam not so expert iam wating your answer
Unread 08-13-2007, 06:12 AM   #5
klap282799

klap282799 is on a distinguished road

Under "Voice Service Provider List" -> Edit a provider -> Advanced.

Under "From User" key in the phone number that you have already authenticated with you VOIP carrier (i.e. VOIPcheap, VOIPdiscount, etc...)

After that, when you call, the caller ID should show what you've keyed in "From User". However, I believe you need the SIP to be registered for this to work. It also seems that sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn't.

Marin/Moderator, can you confirm that SIP registration is required for caller ID to work?

Thanks.
klap282799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 07:20 AM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by klap282799 View Post

Marin/Moderator, can you confirm that SIP registration is required for caller ID to work?

Thanks.
Registration is *not* required for caller id to work. Essentially the value of the From field is what is used.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #7
andrerio

andrerio is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to andrerio Send a message via MSN to andrerio
Question CID not working with NETELIP.COM !!!

Hi all... I found this thread about CID not working and here I am. I am having the same problem with my provider and Voxalot. I have added NETELIP.COM as one of my providers and on the "From User" field I have filled up my NETELIP DID Number (Spain DID). With this set I went to place a call and all I get is a busy signal.
So I went there and put back the way it was... I replace my DID# with my NETELIP userid and all works just fine.

So now the question is... Is this an issue with Voxalot or my VSP Netelip ??

Thanks in advance to all the help.
andrerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-21-2007, 08:03 PM   #8
gambrinus

gambrinus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to gambrinus Send a message via MSN to gambrinus Send a message via Skype™ to gambrinus

Most probably your VSP does not allow any other From User than the internal ID. That's fact with the majority of VSPs. Or the From User has to be verified in prior as it is the fact with Betamax clones for example.

gambrinus
gambrinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2007, 04:58 PM   #9
lehey

lehey is on a distinguished road
Default Re: CID not working with NETELIP.COM !!!

I had the exact same problem with Link2VOIP. After days and days of trial and error, I came to a workaround that I hope will work for everyone:
  • If you want to receive calls from your provider, you usually have to register
  • You cannot change the "from user" when registered (although some allow it, but let's not your provider)
  • But I realized that usually, you do not have to register to place outbound calls, and this is where caller id is important, right ?

Conclusion:
  • Create one regular VSP, with registration enabled (SIP register)
  • Create another VSP, but with registration disabled (SIP register to "No"), and call it "my VSP outbound" for example. Then go to advanced settings, and change the "from user" from your userid to your phone number that you want to appear as the caller ID
  • Create a new dial plan entry, that will route outbound calls to "my VSP outbound" for any number (or patterns of your choice)
  • Here you are: done ! Inbound calls will be routed to your regular VSP entry with registration, and ring your phone, while your outbound calls will be routed through the other one ("my VSP outbound") with caller id enabled

Hope this helps, and hope it works for you...
lehey is offline   Reply With Quote