Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #1
paulies

paulies is on a distinguished road
Default Call forwarding

Hi All,

When inputting the telephone number to forward to do I have to put in the +44 or +1 I have tried different variables but all what seems to happen is I hear a ringing sound but no phone actually rings. If I delete the call forward everything starts working again.

Obviously its something I have done wrong but any help will be appreciated

Thanks Paul
paulies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2008, 08:10 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulies View Post
Hi All,

When inputting the telephone number to forward to do I have to put in the +44 or +1 I have tried different variables but all what seems to happen is I hear a ringing sound but no phone actually rings. If I delete the call forward everything starts working again.

Obviously its something I have done wrong but any help will be appreciated

Thanks Paul

Which provider are you using to do the forward...?

Example:
BetaMax requires the following:
0014162223333 (Canada Toronto Number)
004422223333 (UK Based number)

Other providers just want the 1 or 44 without + or 00 in front?
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM   #3
paulies

Hi,

That has not work I just get some funny tones

could it because coms.com dont forward calls ?
Unread 09-23-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
paulies

Just to add to my previous message, I registed my number with mysipswitch and forwarded it to voxalot and then the call forwarding works great. If I registed my number just with voxalot call forwarding does not work.

Strange not the ideal solution but it works anyone got any idea what the problem could be.
Unread 09-23-2008, 05:57 PM   #5
paulies

Just to dominate this thread,

For some reason I cant even forward incoming call or sip to an outgoing sip all I get is intermitents tones.
Unread 09-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Not quite sure what's happening there....

I have an account with Coms though... so I'll do some testing when I get home tonight....

In the meantime if you see this before my next reply, outline the scenarios you've tested so I can do the same...
Unread 09-24-2008, 02:38 AM   #7
paulies

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
In the meantime if you see this before my next reply, outline the scenarios you've tested so I can do the same...
I register the numbers with mysipswitch and forward them to my voxalot account with

# Do your incoming call processing customisations here.
sys.Dial("12345@us.voxalot.com") # Forwards all incoming calls to your registered contacts.
else

I setup call forwarding in voxalot with out going calls made through voipraiderand it works a treat, if how however I registered the same account with voxalot call forwarding does not work I get what sounds like 3 intermittent tones..

Why would it work forwarding calls through an external sip but when registered with voxalot direct I get nothing . Its not the ideal solution because the word FUP starts appearing (presuming it wont with voxalot) but if the worst happened I'll stand little it costs to forward calls to my Canadian Mobile.
Unread 09-24-2008, 02:44 AM   #8
paulies

I have just tried setting up call forwarding with the outgoing calls going through coms registered with voxalot and that seems to work I got not credit to make loads of calls though.

So could it be coms then ?, but why would it work coming in from my sipswitch though

Is there any other sites that offer free local geographic numbers ?
Unread 09-24-2008, 02:59 AM   #9
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulies View Post
I have just tried setting up call forwarding with the outgoing calls going through coms registered with voxalot and that seems to work I got not credit to make loads of calls though.

So could it be coms then ?, but why would it work coming in from my sipswitch though

Is there any other sites that offer free local geographic numbers ?
Which BetaMax provider are you using...? (edit: NVM, I got this, VoipRaider )

I had no issue having my Coms number forwarded to my Canadian Mobile using InternetCalls (another BetaMax clone)...

I fear that the issue is with the BetaMax provider you're using (especially if you start seeing FUP for calls coming from Coms>>MSS >>VoXalot>>Destination ...)

I'd really suggest against using BetaMax for forwarding purposes considering the situation (it's so hit and miss and you'll likely not have a chance to troubleshoot once you're on the road...)

I'd go with either CallWithUs or Future-Nine, or even CallCentric...

In any case, I'd be happy to take a look at the setup if neccessary ...

Last edited by emoci; 09-24-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Unread 09-24-2008, 01:58 PM   #10
paulies

I use voipraider,

One thing I dont understand how come it works from mss to voxalot then forwards ok with FUP to voipraider, but if the actual calls is been forwarded by voxalot how come the fup is coming into play ?. And when registered through voxalot I get nothing.

If I have to be FUP I might as well be voipraider I got $30 in the account its not going to get used otherwise.

I am quite happy to let you have a look at my setup, I just find it strange it does not seem to work registered directly with voxalot