Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-25-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
shighfield

shighfield is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to shighfield
Default Strange issues with incoming...

I have 4 different VOIP providers registered and outgoing works perfectly for me. There is only one incoming DID that is on Inphonex. After about 48 hours the incoming number will just ring "Busy" when connected through Voxalot.

If I remove voxalot from the mix and just connect my ATA to Inphonex the DID will work with no issues.

Anyone know if there's a special configuration option in my SPA1001 that I need to set with Voxalot to keep the incoming calls working correctly? Behind a router but the SPA1001 is on DMZ so it registers as not behind a NAT.

I have no issues with quality of calls when it does work.
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
I have 4 different VOIP providers registered and outgoing works perfectly for me. There is only one incoming DID that is on Inphonex. After about 48 hours the incoming number will just ring "Busy" when connected through Voxalot.

If I remove voxalot from the mix and just connect my ATA to Inphonex the DID will work with no issues.

Anyone know if there's a special configuration option in my SPA1001 that I need to set with Voxalot to keep the incoming calls working correctly? Behind a router but the SPA1001 is on DMZ so it registers as not behind a NAT.

I have no issues with quality of calls when it does work.

Does resetting the SPA1001 usually fix things?

If that's the case I would suggest turning 'Nat Mapping Enable' and 'NAT Keep alive' to yes.

Use the config from the Wiki for the PAP2 (the PAP2 and SPA are somewhat similar) to see about setting up a STUN server as well.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #3
shighfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
Does resetting the SPA1001 usually fix things?
Only if I let the registration time out on Voxalot. That's the only way to get the incoming to work again. ie: Time's out, then re-enable account on vox and voila works for another few hours.

Quote:
Use the config from the Wiki for the PAP2 (the PAP2 and SPA are somewhat similar) to see about setting up a STUN server as well.
I thought STUN server is only required if your ATA is not sending the external IP? (Mine is as the ATA is set to DMZ in the router).
Unread 08-26-2009, 02:23 PM   #4
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I thought STUN server is only required if your ATA is not sending the external IP? (Mine is as the ATA is set to DMZ in the router).
Your SDP packet contact details should be OK as long as 'NAT Mapping Enable:' = yes. Without STUN your ATA will still know it's public IP address from the registration process. Of course STUN will tell the ATA your external SIP and RTP ports, but you don't need that because port forwarding (in your case DMZ) preserves the port numbers, meaning they are the same port numbers on your LAN and on the public Internet. By the way, a security expert would tell you to turn off DMZ, instead forward only the SIP and RTP port ranges.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #5
Bob0260

Bob0260 is on a distinguished road

I have had problems with incoming calls for a number of weeks now but only when I connect to eu proxy one. I have been connecting to eu server proxy one due to the FUP issue. I have found that after a period of time that I no longer get incoming calls to my registered voipcheap and orbtalk accounts but can make outgoing calls. I have just noticed that there is an area on my voxalot account summary page called "device registrations". In here it says "no devices actively registered" My sip device must be registered to some extent because a) I can make outgoing calls. b) my voipcheap account is showing connected to sip when seen from a different account voipcheap softphone and c) my sip device connection light still shows connected.

There is no problem with my settings because I can connect to the us server and receive and make calls as normal and it shows as connected within voxalot forever.

There is a problem with incoming calls. You only need to look at the number of threads concerning incoming call issues. The answer could have something to do with Sip devices loosing registration with voxalot although the SIP devices are still showing registered.
Bob0260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #6
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Only if I let the registration time out on Voxalot. That's the only way to get the incoming to work again. ie: Time's out, then re-enable account on vox and voila works for another few hours.
It sounds like something between VoXalot<-->InPhonex is going wrong in that somewhere a refresh to the registration is failing....

Any chance InPhonex supports SIP URI forwarding (can you forward your DID to a SIP URI?).

If they do, try having your DID forwarded to 123456@voxalot.com (where 123456 is your VoXalot number), and of course do this after turning off the registration for InPhonex in VoXalot...

At this point, if all goes well, your calls should ring at VoXalot ...

(there's a catch...it will affect you only if you wanted to do Call Forwarding based on Provider in VoXalot...this will not be possible if you're just SIP forwarding from Inphonex to VoXalot)
Unread 08-27-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob0260 View Post
I have had problems with incoming calls for a number of weeks now but only when I connect to eu proxy one. I have been connecting to eu server proxy one due to the FUP issue. I have found that after a period of time that I no longer get incoming calls to my registered voipcheap and orbtalk accounts but can make outgoing calls. I have just noticed that there is an area on my voxalot account summary page called "device registrations". In here it says "no devices actively registered" My sip device must be registered to some extent because a) I can make outgoing calls. b) my voipcheap account is showing connected to sip when seen from a different account voipcheap softphone and c) my sip device connection light still shows connected.

There is no problem with my settings because I can connect to the us server and receive and make calls as normal and it shows as connected within voxalot forever.

There is a problem with incoming calls. You only need to look at the number of threads concerning incoming call issues. The answer could have something to do with Sip devices loosing registration with voxalot although the SIP devices are still showing registered.
I cannot rule out that there could be problems....but I can suggest two things:

1. When you change the proxy in your ATA from US to EU or vice versa, and you run into problems, try changing your preferred server cluster as well (this is under member details when you log into your VoXalot Acct.)

2. Try registering directly to one of the servers instead of the US or EU clusters in general:

They are:
proxy01.us1.voxalot.com
proxy02.us1.voxalot.com
proxy01.eu1.voxalot.com
proxy02.eu1.voxalot.com (likely to have FUP problems....)
proxy01.au1.voxalot.com
Unread 09-03-2009, 01:34 PM   #8
shighfield

So... After removing voxalot from my setup for a week and then coming back to it all is working fine. Incoming on the inphonex number is still working after 24 hours, as well as incoming / Outgoing in general.

Strange.