Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #1
mjy78

mjy78 is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion: Provider CallerID with ENUM

When we configure a smart call (dial plan) that uses an ENUM lookup, it would be great to have an option to use the "From User" value from the provider that we've associated with the smart call entry for the outbound caller id, instead of always using our voxalot number.

At the moment, when I call out, if the number I call has no ENUM entry and the call is routed via my registered provider, then the caller id that the call recipient sees is my DID, however if I call someone who does have an ENUM entry, then they see my Voxalot number. It would be great if they actually saw my registered provider DID in this case too.

Last edited by mjy78; 08-22-2007 at 09:32 PM.
mjy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
herman

herman is on a distinguished road

I already do this via Betamax (one Betamax account, four caller IDs). You just need to set these up as different service providers with different From IDs. Only one of the providers you set up should register.
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #3
mjy78

mjy78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by herman View Post
I already do this via Betamax (one Betamax account, four caller IDs). You just need to set these up as different service providers with different From IDs. Only one of the providers you set up should register.
Are you saying that you have Betamax setup as a provider and when you dial out, if the call is routed via enum (by your smart call dial plan) that the caller id that the other user sees is actually your betamax number, not your voxalot number?

I only have one provider that I want caller id displayed for, so I don't understand how I would need multiple service providers.
mjy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 07:21 PM   #4
jwjol

jwjol is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjy78 View Post
When we configure a smart call (dial plan) that uses an ENUM lookup, it would be great to have an option to use the "From User" value from the provider that we've associated with the smart call entry for the outbound caller id, instead of always using our voxalot number.

At the moment, when I call out, if the number I call has no ENUM entry and the call is routed via my registered provider, then the caller id that the call recipient sees is my DID, however if I call someone who does have an ENUM entry, then they see my Voxalot number. It would be great if they actually saw my registered provider DID in this case too.
Are there any plans to change this?
jwjol is offline   Reply With Quote