Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 02-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Corbu'

Corbu' is on a distinguished road
Default No audio on second VSP line > help please

I have this current scenario and I can’t find the cause:

Line 1 > I have a DID registered at Voxalot that is forwarded to a Canadian PSTN number via a Betamax clone (Jumblo). Let’s say I am currently on the phone so this route is in use (and so is a Line with Betamax).

Line 2 > At the same time another family member tries to access Voxalot from a regular phone via SipBroker numbers * and calls an overseas mobile phone also via this Betamax clone. The phone rings, the person picks up the phone but the line is total silence, no one can hear anything. If I hang up the call on Line 1 then try again for Line 2, then everything is back to normal, they can hear each other.

Also the same thing happens if I reverse the Line 1 / 2 scenarios. The first call is OK, but the second Line has no audio.

I don’t understand why this is happening. I have used Betamax clones before with two simultaneous calls going thru the same account and everything was OK. I am thinking it has something to do with PBXes Callthru but what and how can I fix it?
Any help in cracking this “bug” is greatly appreciated.

I don’t use an ATA at all (except X-Lite for occasional testing and a Nokia E51 for SIP/VoIP calling over WiFi), I use Voxalot for DID forwarding and I access my account from PSTN numbers using CallThru.

*with the help of PBXes Callthru; Voxalot is registered as a trunk at PBXes and is the only outbound route

Last edited by Corbu'; 02-08-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Corbu' is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Interesting.... I've never come across this however I suspect it is one of a few things:

1. With VoXalot doing call forwarding for your DID you essentially have 2 call legs in use (one incoming one outgoing), when the person calls for callthru (Assuming he's using a separate VoXalot acct. as the trigger) he adds a 3rd call leg (one outgoing).

If there is a limit on how many channels a VoXalot user can use simultaneously there would be a problem here... one that you cannot do much about

2. PBXes. Given that callthru works fine through PBXes when there isn't another call going on I suspect the setup there is fine. I wold be worried only if you're using the same VoXalot acct. that you use to access the CallThru as the outgoing trunk as well.

3. Limitation on BetaMax ... albeit BetaMax may allow multiple calls through the same acct. using their access numbers... in this case you have "one outgoing call" as part of the DID forwarding and "one other outgoing call" as part of the callthrough dialing.

The first call is sending BetaMax either the DID provider's or VoXalot's IP (most likely VoXalot's), the second call is sending through PBXes IP to BetaMax... They may have a limitation in regards to having two different IPs simultaneously using the same acct.

One way to rule out 1 or 2, is to force callthru calls over another provider (non-BetaMax) that you have in your VoXalot acct. Then set up this scenario and try ... if the callthru calls are fine at this point... that it is likely 3 that's the issue (and well it's BetaMax don't suspect you can do much)
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 01:55 AM   #3
Corbu'

1. Hmmm....I don’t think so. The DID is SIP registered at Voxalot so when somebody calls that DID there is only one leg in use: DID > PSTN. There are two legs involved when I am the one calling the DID using the same Betamax account.

2. Yes, everything is fine at PBXes, I don’t use the same VoXalot account, I have another “trigger” account. But I first noticed the issue by calling a Canadian DID that is configured for PBXes Callthru (I call that DID from my cell phone instead of SipBroker, but the end result is the same) so VoXalot is used for this case only as an outgoing trunk....there should be absolutely no interference between accounts.

3. From my tests Betamax allows a maximum of 3 legs per account. With X-Lite pointing at Voxalot I called my overseas DID > forwarded to a Canadian PSTN number (2 legs) and at the same time (2nd line in X-Lite) I also called another Canadian PSTN number (1 leg) and it worked. I even checked the call log online directly into my Betamax account. Only if I try to call 2 overseas DIDs + forwarding for both of them (4 legs in total), then it doesn’t work (or any other combination that involves 4 call legs).

I will try to set up CallThru over another provider and report back.

Last edited by Corbu'; 02-09-2010 at 01:59 AM.
Unread 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #4
Corbu'

Well, for the last two days I’ve been testing and the more I test, the stranger it gets. At first I was not able to recreate the problem; I was able to call on both Line 1 and Line 2. I checked and rechecked, tested with multiple configurations and everything was going fine. But out of the blue it stops working on two simultaneous calls/ Lines and I don’t understand what triggers it. Now it is working, then it is not working.

With all this testing I found out that two of these Canadian DID numbers give me a lot of busy tones without any reason when calling from regular phones (or I get a ..."the person is on the phone message" if I enable the voice mail). It seems that the number remains active, maybe it all starts from this.
VoIP is wonderful when everything is working but t can be a pain to troubleshoot.

Last edited by Corbu'; 02-10-2010 at 05:02 PM.