Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 10-06-2008, 02:53 PM   #1
The King

The King is on a distinguished road
Default ATA & Softphone, connected simutaneously

I have an ATA connected to voxalot at home, and have tried to set up a softphone at work (so different locations / IP addresses etc).

When I receive a call to my voxalot id the phone connected to my ATA rings, but the softphone at work does not.

If disable the ATA before leaving home then the softphone does ring.

How can I get BOTH to ring.

I have no issues at all making outgoing calls from either phone.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

I have tried to configure two phones many times but never got it to work reliably. To get it really reliable, you need to be able to configure extensions. You can set up extensions on pbxes but not voxalot. You can set pbxes to register with voxalot aswell as your ATA but I had a problem where pbxes was answering my incoming calls with a message that all circuits are busy. I don't want to switch to pbxes compltely but the lack of features at voxalot keeps making me want to try it. At the moment for me, voxalot have the advantage that they support betamax without exceeding the FUP.

Last edited by chatalot; 10-06-2008 at 05:15 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-06-2008, 05:27 PM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Which server are you using, us, eu or au...

From experience I can get it to work reliably with multiple devices using the US server, however people have had trouble with the EU or AU server ...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2008, 10:10 AM   #4
The King

The King is on a distinguished road

Emoci, I use the us server too, but have had no luck.

I also use mysipswitch, so may try something with that, and setting up two voxalot accounts. That is my best idea.

I.e. have two voxalot accounts, and have incoming calls routed via mysipswitch. Register the ATA with one of the voxalot accounts and the softphone with the other. I will then need to set rules in my sipswitch, whereby incoming calls at certain times of the day are routed to one of the voxalot accounts, whilst to the toehr voxalot account at other times.

That's the only solution I can think of right now that will make this work, as much like chatalot - Voxalot works well for me due to the FUP issues.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote