Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-01-2008, 08:38 AM   #1
tproenca

tproenca is on a distinguished road
Default Caller ID in VoipRaider

Hi,
I have a DID number from IPKALL (Washington state). In voipraider application my number is already verified and works like a charm. However, using voxalot it doesn't work. I tried the "From user" field in the advanced settings. I used 001360xxxxxxx, +1360xxxxxxx, 1360xxxxxxx and none of them have worked. Someone can help?

Thanks
Tiago
tproenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 05:48 PM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by tproenca View Post
Hi,
I have a DID number from IPKALL (Washington state). In voipraider application my number is already verified and works like a charm. However, using voxalot it doesn't work. I tried the "From user" field in the advanced settings. I used 001360xxxxxxx, +1360xxxxxxx, 1360xxxxxxx and none of them have worked. Someone can help?
A little more clarification as to what you are trying to do please?

Are you trying to have your IPKall number linked to your VoXaLot account (so when someone calls your IPKall number, your VoXaLot account rings)? If so than the settings (on the IPKall end) are:

Account Type: Check "SIP"

SIP Phone Number: *010{your 6-digit VoXaLot number}
{i.e. if your VoXaLot number was 123456, than you would enter *010123456 in this field}

SIP Proxy: us.voxalot.com
{NOTE: sipbroker.com also works in this field}

Email Address: {a valid email address to contact you}

Password: {a 4-digit number, you use as a password at IPKall}

Seconds to Ring before Hang Up: 120

NOTE: IPKall doesn't update settings "right away" when you change them. So after setting things up this way, you may have to wait a few hours before it will work with your VoXaLot account.

Or are you trying to call your IPKall number that is connected up to some other service (as a test?) from your VoXaLot account? If so, one reason it might not work, is that VoIP often has (routing) issues if/when both sides of the call are behind the same (home) NAT router. So if your calling out (from a given internet connection) via VoXaLot to a "number" that rings back to you (on the same internet connection), depending upon the routing this sometimes doesn't work (even if/when both sides of the connection are setup correctly). In that case, i would suggest you test your IPKall number from some other means (for example, try calling it from your cell phone, if you own one).

Last edited by DracoFelis; 10-01-2008 at 05:51 PM.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-01-2008, 06:30 PM   #3
tproenca

tproenca is on a distinguished road

I want to do outgoing calls. By now, the number that people see (caller id) is a random one from voipraider provider. As I have a number from washigton state from IPKALL, I want people to see this number (1360xxxxxx). In my windows voipraider application it is working fine. However, using voxalot it doesn't work. I tried the "From user" field in the advanced settings. I used 001360xxxxxxx, +1360xxxxxxx, 1360xxxxxxx and none of them have worked. It is clear now?

Thanks
tproenca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-02-2008, 01:22 AM   #4
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I want to do outgoing calls. By now, the number that people see (caller id) is a random one from voipraider provider. As I have a number from washigton state from IPKALL, I want people to see this number (1360xxxxxx).
OK, I understand now. You are using voipraider as an outbound provider with VoXaLot, and you are trying to figure out how to override the callerid info with voipraider, so that your IPKall number is shown to the remote site when you make an outbound call via VoXaLot (and voipraider).

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to do it, as the details of overriding callerID (when it's even possible, and many providers don't give you that option) vary with the provider. And I don't know how voipraider allows you to do this (so I have no way to tell you how to setup VoXaLot to do this, if it is even possible).

Quote:
In my windows voipraider application it is working fine. However, using voxalot it doesn't work.
Since the windows voipraider application allows you to set callerID, than voipraider must provide some way to set the callerID.

However, setting callerID (when it is allowed by a provider at all) is not standardized across providers. And without knowing what generic BYOD settings (if any) that voipraider is using to set callerID, we have no way to tell if VoXaLot has an equivalent setting you can change, or if you are just out of luck.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote