Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-06-2008, 09:39 PM   #1
richard

richard is on a distinguished road
Default Support: Call Connection Rule NOT working

Hello

I was wondering if someone can provide advice on this issue.

I am trying to use the "Call Connection (Call Forwarding)" feature and have Voxalot forward all calls from a specific Inbound Provider (vBuzzer) to a PSTN phone number.

I setup the call connection rule (apparently successfully) and vBuzzer is shown as sucessfully registered.

Now when I dial the vBuzzer DID, instead of the call being forwarded to the Phone Number I specified, it is ringing one of the ATA registered to the Voxalot account. In other words, Call Forwarding by Inbound Provider is not working.

Attached please find the print screen of the Call Forwarding Rule.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Call Connection Rule.jpg (24.2 KB, 9 views)
richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 12:59 AM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok,

To be fair, I've been under the impression that VBuzzer had stopped properly registering with VoXalot.

The reason being that at least from experimentation with PBXes and MySipSwitch, I came to the conclusion that it sends calls to YourVBuzzerUser@VoXalotIP

But the fact that it appears to register, and at least appears to ring your ATA seems to indicate differently...

Do you have any other Call Forwarding rules except this one....try setting this rule's priority to the lowest number so it is at the top of the list...

Also, I notice for the forwarding you've chosen "Use Smart Call" any chance that the forward will also happen using VBuzzer as the provider... that could be introducing a conflict ...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2008, 03:00 AM   #3
richard

Hi Emoci

Yes indeed, there was a while when vBuzzer was not registering, but when I gave it a try again about a month ago it worked and continues too. I am able to get calls through Voxalot via a vBuzzer DID, although there is a larger lag than I want.

Q1. A1. No I only have this one call forwarding rule and it has the priority "1"

Q2. A2. No the forwarding is taking place via Betamax's SMSListo, not via Vbuzzer (which does not have the funds to make a long distance call). Voxalot seems to be accepting the call and outputting it to one of the ATAs that are registered to my account. Changing the outbound provider something other than "Smart Call" does not fix the problem.

See screenshots.

Thanks

Richard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Reg&Smart.jpg (17.0 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by richard; 09-07-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Unread 09-08-2008, 07:00 PM   #4
richard

Hi

Am I doing anything wrong with the call forwarding rule.

Isn't forwarded based on provided a supported premium feature?

Is there a technical issue/bug?

Richard
Unread 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #5
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

You might want to try using a different VSP to forward through to rule out Betamax causing a problem with not accepting forwards (perhaps Callcentric).
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-09-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
richard

Hi Kuran

I don't have another provider except vBuzzer itself.

Nonetheless, when I change the Matching Rule to Match by "Any Inbound Number or Provider", the calls are properly forwarded via Betamax to the specified PSTN number (my cell).

Can someone test this rule from Voxalot to see why it is not working? Can I put in a support ticket?

Richard
Unread 09-10-2008, 06:26 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Hi Kuran

I don't have another provider except vBuzzer itself.

Nonetheless, when I change the Matching Rule to Match by "Any Inbound Number or Provider", the calls are properly forwarded via Betamax to the specified PSTN number (my cell).

Can someone test this rule from Voxalot to see why it is not working? Can I put in a support ticket?

Richard

Ok,

So I disabled my VBuzzer acct. on PBXes, let it sit for a few hours so the calls were no longer ringing at PBXes, then registered at VoXalot...

Surely enough it registers, but I am unable to receive any calls into VoXalot via my registered VBuzzer trunk (this is in line with what I've experienced before)

However, any chance you still have VBuzzer registered elsewhere and pointed to VoXalot?

It would explain why you can receive calls, but cannot set up Call Forwarding rules... (easy way to test this, change your VBuzzer password, and only apply the change in your VoXalot registration...allow it to re-register...can you still receive calls VBuzzer>>VoXalot? )

I'll give it until the morning and test once more then...

Edit: As I said before, I can't even get it to ring to VoXalot, despite showing as registered... are you sure you don't still have some sort of setup with VBuzzer still active at PBXes which is letting the calls reach you?

Last edited by emoci; 09-11-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Unread 09-11-2008, 03:54 AM   #8
richard

Hi Emoci

Thanks for trying to help me with this.

No I don't have vBuzzer registered elsewhere, nor do I have any other service forwarding vBuzzer calls to Voxalot. Nonetheless I have changed the vBuzzer password, updated the password in Voxalot (Providers) and will test tomorrow.

BTW, vBuzzer definately works when registered with Voxalot. Call ring through on my ATA which is registered ONLY to my Voxalot extention.

Richard

Last edited by richard; 09-11-2008 at 03:57 AM.
Unread 09-11-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
richard

Emoci

Okay. Still doesn't work. There is no other service answering my vBuzzer number and there is no forwarding of my vBuzzer number to the ATA that's logged into my Voxalot account (I even changed the vBuzzer password as you said).

It appears to me that the Voxalot system is ignoring the forward request and is passing the call through to my ATA which is logged into Voxalot. (edited - changed from "vBuzzer" to "Voxalot")

Can someone at Voxalot test this?

Richard

Last edited by richard; 09-12-2008 at 03:16 AM.
Unread 09-12-2008, 02:12 AM   #10
emoci

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard View Post
Emoci

Okay. Still doesn't work. There is no other service answering my vBuzzer number and there is no forwarding of my vBuzzer number to the ATA that's logged into my Voxalot account (I even changed the vBuzzer password as you said).

It appears to me that the Voxalot system is ignoring the forward request and is passing the call through to my ATA which is logged into vBuzzer.

Can someone at Voxalot test this?

Richard

The ATA that rings, this is the ATA registered with VoXalot, and VoXalot is in turn registered with VBuzzer, correct?

In any case, at least from what I've tested, VBuzzer will show as registered with VoXalot, but for as long as this is enabled, all calls to my VBuzzer number will go to VBuzzer's VoiceMail (I can't test this further because I can't even get calls to come in this way)

What I've noted VBuzzer does, is they perform a registration at VBuzzerUsername@IP-of-device-registering

That is fine when using an ATA, or your own Asterisk Server, but not when using a service like VoXalot or MSS....

PBXes somehow manages to catch calls coming in for VBuzzerUsername@PBXesIP and deliver them to the approprite destination internally

All that said, where is your VBuzzer number based, and where are you trying to forward (do you by any chance have the Toronto Unlimited Plan)... The new Call Forking feature from VBuzzer along with PBXes+VoXalot has been working quite well for me allowing both the VoIP line and my Mobile to ring simultaneoulsy ...