Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's

Voxalot Tips, Tricks & HowTo's Tips and Tricks for Voxalot

Unread 08-27-2007, 09:50 AM   #151
xcaliba

xcaliba is on a distinguished road

In both registrar and proxy server they are both set to UDP as the original post.
xcaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:59 AM   #152
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliba View Post
In both registrar and proxy server they are both set to UDP as the original post.
60 secs is definitely a problem. I just made a test call over WiFi using the AU server and the call setup immediately.

Do calls to *600 or SIP Broker numbers result in the same thing?

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 09:25 PM   #153
xcaliba

Yep, exactly the same problem. I called *600 for an echo test and it does connect, but it took about 60 seconds again.
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:40 AM   #154
dipac

dipac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
I have a theory that hasn't yet been confirmed, but have you tried to browse your URL directly on the mobile and perhaps it will install the settings without needing to use an OTA tool?
Sorry for late response... overseas as the moment.

That was the first thing i tried and didn't work as the information need to be delivered in binary format.
dipac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:44 AM   #155
dipac

dipac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by affinity View Post
Do you have any problems with Three roaming onto Telstra network? With my current V3X phone, I roam to Telstra often and even when I am in Melbourne city locations! The data is additional cost if roaming and fairly expensive at that.
I live in Adelaide and don't have that problem. What you can do is set your phone to 3G reception only and that should solve the problem but this means that when you're outside of 3's broadband zone there will be no reception.

Does your phone allow this?
dipac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2007, 01:54 AM   #156
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

Hi,

Yes my N95 was bought unlocked without contract or branding of any kind; I can set it to just UMTS no problem. But right now I have only been doing VoIP on it through WLAN using Truphone. Although Truphone have no Australian servers which can easily make latency an issue.

I am patiently awaiting Martin's progress with the Nokia provisioning kit that he has got or is expecting to get shortly.

There might be another option for the binary SMS too, but I am awaiting answers on that.... it's been more than a headache looking at ways to avoid using a trial license period product -- I would much rather have more freedom of choice and not pay out an exhorbitant amount again just so that I can make adjustments whenever I need to by paying NowSMS license fees.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #157
xcaliba

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliba View Post
Yep, exactly the same problem. I called *600 for an echo test and it does connect, but it took about 60 seconds again.
Did some testing on the weekend and it is my network at home. On another network it dialed and connected within 5 seconds.

One further question. What codec does a nokia phone use? I have a E65.
Thanks.
Unread 09-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #158

441516 is on a distinguished road
Default Nokia E65...

....... connected with sip client and using 3 as access point but no success and making or receiving calls.Also it took longer to register. Am I doing something wrong. I want to use x series silver 3(UK).
Or is it not a practical idea?.
Also I read on forum here that limitations of codecs may be the core issue and how dont know how to cure it.
Anyone in UK using E65 or any mobile phone with sip client registered via 3 access point and not wifi? Thanks.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2007, 01:15 PM   #159

441516 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
The right fix is to implement Nokia provisioning. We have made contact with Nokia and are working on obtaining their provisioning plugin to use with Voxalot.
Hi, Martin, Any update?
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 04:50 PM   #160
haifischjunge

haifischjunge is on a distinguished road

i know the issue of a very very long to connect a call from my home setup. ive got a dlink524, a 7960 sip phone and xmeeting on my laptop. the issue only ooccurs when the hardware phone is online and xmeeting tries to make a call. call connecting from the hardphone is very quick, if i disconnect the hardphone, xmeeting also can make a call very quick.

so the problem is somewere in the router setup, but i havnt had time to really look into it.
haifischjunge is offline   Reply With Quote