Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #1
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Maybe that's a solution for the Sipgate problem?

I am still looking for a workaround for that Sipgate is blocking all Voxalot servers. That's why I looked up this web page:
sipgate.co.uk - free phone service over your broadband link - voice over ip provider
Sipphone.com
Free connections to Sipphone.com:
Dial the prefix 000747 and the phone number of the Sipphone.com connection
It says that you can make free phone calls from Sipgate to Sipphone.com, which is also the mother company of the Gizmo Project. My Gizmo project inbound number works very well with Voxalot.

So it should be possible to install a free call forward in Sipgate to your Gizmo phone number (which is installed in Voxalot) and everything should work as before.

Could you fellows try this out?

I already checked it, but wasn't successful. There is always a voice that says to me that my call cannot be connected. Or the Sipgate web page for call forward says that I should type in a "real phone number".

But maybe I am just typing something wrong?
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
abifar

abifar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Condor View Post
I am still looking for a workaround for that Sipgate is blocking all Voxalot servers. That's why I looked up this web page:
sipgate.co.uk - free phone service over your broadband link - voice over ip provider
Sipphone.com
Free connections to Sipphone.com:
Dial the prefix 000747 and the phone number of the Sipphone.com connection
It says that you can make free phone calls from Sipgate to Sipphone.com, which is also the mother company of the Gizmo Project. My Gizmo project inbound number works very well with Voxalot.

So it should be possible to install a free call forward in Sipgate to your Gizmo phone number (which is installed in Voxalot) and everything should work as before.

Could you fellows try this out?

I already checked it, but wasn't successful. There is always a voice that says to me that my call cannot be connected. Or the Sipgate web page for call forward says that I should type in a "real phone number".

But maybe I am just typing something wrong?
I am using Sipgate.at from Austria that should be the same as sipgate.co.uk . NO sipgate does not have any FW to another phone or sip . any other Idea
abifar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2007, 06:35 PM   #3
PartickThistle

PartickThistle is on a distinguished road
Default Another possible solution?

It occurred to me that if I was to re-add sipgate to the list of providers but instead of having sipgate.co.uk as the domain, I put my own IP in and forwarded the right ports - would this circumvent Sipgate's VoXaLot IP ban?

I've tried it with only port 5060 forwarded to sipgate.co.uk but nothing yet.

Anyone with more of a clue on SIP and iptables know if I should forward any more ports or am I wasting my time?

Thanks in advance.
PartickThistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2007, 04:30 AM   #4
herman

herman is on a distinguished road

Not sure what you are trying to achieve, but you can use sip addresses such as sip:<sipgate username>@<yourip> and <sipgate username>@<yourdomain>. The former is not recommended unless you have a static, or reasonably static IP. The latter can be used if you have registered a domain for your ip address, through companies such as dyndns.org. If you have a router before your ATA, then you would also need to forward ports to the ATA. 5060 is the default SIP port, but 5061-5069 are also frequently used
herman is offline   Reply With Quote