Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 12-03-2007, 10:24 PM   #11
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptruman View Post
does Voxalot not pass creds along with each outgoing call? (which should work regardless of registration - which should only be needed for incoming calls?)
If the VSP challenges for credentials on an outbound call, then yes, they will be passed.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:42 PM   #12
herman

herman is on a distinguished road

Voicemail has started asking for mailbox number (followed by #) since the upgrades. It is not linked to the other registration issues.

voip.co.uk via Voxalot is now working for me (although Voxalot does not show it being registered). You may need to set all voip.co.uk accounts not to register on Voxalot (SIP register = NO) and wait a couple of hours to set it back to ON. This is the only reliable way doing the equivalent of a reboot.

By the way, I think the reason accounts do not show as registered on Voxalot is probably something to do with the SIP expiry time of voip.co.uk (2 minutes) and the fact that Voxalot status is not real-time (generally 5-10 minutes out of sync).
herman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2007, 10:57 PM   #13
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

The reason it does not show up as registered is because the provider changes the port from 5060 to some other value during registration.

So when our system tries to reconcile the status information it does not match.

We have an item in our problem tracking system to look at alternate ways to perform this reconciliation.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2007, 11:21 PM   #14
zourzouvillys

zourzouvillys is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
The reason it does not show up as registered is because the provider changes the port from 5060 to some other value during registration.

So when our system tries to reconcile the status information it does not match.

We have an item in our problem tracking system to look at alternate ways to perform this reconciliation.
I'm afraid i can't wok out what your problem is from the brief description you gave ...

Our platform responds to REGISTERs exactly as defined in RFC 3261 - or at least should! If you have any problems then feel free to email me directly (theo@voip.co.uk) and we can work out any interop issues.

PS: a quick trace shows nothing wrong other than the fact your client is showing the same pathologically broken symptoms asterisk exhibits (see the notes about asterisk & SRV on products:asterisk [wiki.VoIP.co.uk]

REGISTER siproxy.voip.co.uk:6060 SIP/2.0
[snip]

SIP/2.0 200 OK
[snip]
Content-Length: 0
zourzouvillys is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2007, 06:01 PM   #15
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road

Erm :

voip.co.uk say id you don't use SRV, it should be ok - what does Voxalot do?

"Yes this is the correct address. However if you use proxy.voip.co.uk
'without' SRVs it will fall back to standard DNS name resolution and
will not try and use the load balancing. This could resolve the
registration issues is the device(s) that are trying to connect (inc
voxalot) are having trouble maintaining registrations as there is only
one point to register to."

Also, please see VoIP.co.uk Customer Support Forum :: Service Support :: Never thought I would say this but

Given I now can't even reg to eu.voxalot.com I am not having much fun...
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote