Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 04-15-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
NeBlackCat

NeBlackCat is on a distinguished road
Default Suggestion - enhanced caller ID

For premium accounts with multiple providers registered, I'd like an option to have the caller ID sent with incoming calls to be the "index number" of the provider, not the actual calling number.

Sometimes it's more important to know which provider is being called, not who by.

In other words, say I have 4 PennyTel accounts registered, each with their own DID. When one of these is called, I'd like to see (assuming the proposed option is set) "1", "2", "3" or "4" on my phone display, not the calling number.

The reason for this is actually quite straightforward - to allow creating a provider account for each house member, and knowing who a call is for by the simple number shown on the DECT handsets. It's far cheaper than having a PBX and fully independently operating handsets!
NeBlackCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 10:45 AM   #2
IanSav

IanSav is on a distinguished road

Hi,

I would like to second this suggestion and add an enhancement.

Rather than just replacing the in coming Caller ID replaced with a fixed string for each provider I would like to propose that the string allows for a parameter substitution. This could be something like "1 $" where "1 " is a fixed text string to identify the VSP and "$" is replaced with the Caller ID data supplied by that VSP. The fixed text string could be anything that can be sent as Caller ID data.

Regards,
Ian.
IanSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-2008, 12:53 AM   #3
MarkG

MarkG is on a distinguished road

I would also like to see something along these lines.

Since all of my phones support 2 line CallerID, I would like to see something along the lines of what Ian is suggesting: Keep the phone number as is and insert a prefix before the name - e.g. "Home: " or "Work: "

I actually came looking on the Voxalot web site hoping that this feature was available, but it appears that it isn't. I don't have a Voxalot account as yet, but would sign up straight away for a paid account if this feature were to become available - without it, I don't see any reason to sign up for my use at the moment.
MarkG is offline   Reply With Quote