Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 10-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
pepsi_max2k

pepsi_max2k is on a distinguished road
Default Can I do this with Voxalot... ?

Hi, firstly I'm new to the world of VoIP etc, and I'm in the UK with a BT line, and I'd like to know if Voxalot would allow me to do the following, or if there's any other way to do so...

1. Pass calls through to the regular BT line (ie. not voip calls). I've got a feeling this is ATA based functionality and by the time I'm on the Voxalot system I can't use it to redirect calls via the regular BT POTS. Which probably messes up my other questions but anyway...

2. Dial plans based on precedence, eg. one plan saying "If called 09..., send via X", and another "If called 091..., send via Y" etc, with the 091 rule taking precedence over the 09 one. I'm pretty sure I've seen this in the wiki, though my main reason to use it would be question 1.

3. Dial plans based on amount of calls using it. This is the real tricky one, and it'd be nice to know if this is possible on any system at all let alone Voxalot or an ATA. Can I send the first X number of calls to, say, 02... numbers through one provider, then every call after that to another provider?
The reason for this is a small problem with BT's billing of their caller id feature, where if you don't make 2 chargeable calls a month via BT then they charge you more than i actually spend a month on calls for caller id (otherwise it's free). And again that would be dependent on Q1 but nice to know if things like that are possible at all.

Thanks for the help

EDIT: ahaa... i may have found a very ingenious way to do the above. now correct me if you see a fault in the below:

checking the cli manual for my intended ata (speedtouch 780wl) i found nothing useful except:

Quote:
=>voice stats list voiceport=FXS1 type=generic

Generic statistics for FXS1:
Total nbr of incoming calls : 0
Successful nbr of incoming calls : 0
Missed nbr of incoming calls : 0
Total nbr of outgoing calls : 0
Successful nbr of outgoing calls : 0
Failed nbr of outgoing calls : 0
and with cron, bash and uptime support, god willing...
start with dial plans sending all through bt.
have a script run by cron every day doing the following:
if statement based on grep stats list for "Successful nbr of outgoing calls : 2", then alter dial plans to send calls through voip. also have the script check uptime for the date, and every 1st of month reset all the dial plans back to bt.

it doesn't help the "chargeable" calls bit, but i guess i can just increase nbr outgoing calls to 4 or so just to make sure. oh boy i hope this works...

Last edited by pepsi_max2k; 10-19-2007 at 02:29 PM.
pepsi_max2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

I would just make the required calls manually on an adhoc basis but your solution looks interesting for those with a greater requirement to use up a call spend minimum imposed by some providers. For instance a provider that offers a service based on a minimum spend of $5 or $10... use that first, then use whatever would otherwise be cheapest to use. This could apply to a fixed line product and/or VoIP provider(s) equally. It may be a bit harder to do both types though, but I am sure it could be done using scripting like you propose.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote