Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-13-2009, 07:05 PM   #21
boatman

boatman is on a distinguished road

mathiasx,

When you forward your voip.ms DID to your Voxalot SIP URI, do you send it to voxalot.com (example: 123456@voxalot.com) or to a specific server (example 123456@proxy02.eu1.voxalot.com)?

A clue about the problem might be obtained by calling your voip.ms SIP URI and reading the SIP packets returned from the voip.ms server. The packets can be captured using a packet monitoring program such as Wireshark. I can try this if you send me your voip.ms SIP URI.

I have a voip.ms account myself but I don't have a DID there. I don't use it for incoming calls. After logging in, I did not immediately see any way to forward SIP URI calls from voip.ms to Voxalot without having a voip.ms DID.
boatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2009, 07:46 PM   #22
mathiasx

mathiasx is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman View Post
mathiasx,

When you forward your voip.ms DID to your Voxalot SIP URI, do you send it to voxalot.com (example: 123456@voxalot.com) or to a specific server (example 123456@proxy02.eu1.voxalot.com)?

A clue about the problem might be obtained by calling your voip.ms SIP URI and reading the SIP packets returned from the voip.ms server. The packets can be captured using a packet monitoring program such as Wireshark. I can try this if you send me your voip.ms SIP URI.

I have a voip.ms account myself but I don't have a DID there. I don't use it for incoming calls. After logging in, I did not immediately see any way to forward SIP URI calls from voip.ms to Voxalot without having a voip.ms DID.
Hi,

I send it to @voxalot.com as always.

Martin had tested that before, he got a 484 error message.

Regards, Mathias
mathiasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2009, 08:04 PM   #23
boatman

484 means Address incomplete (invalid number format). Apparently voip.ms does not have your complete Voxalot SIP URI.
Unread 06-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #24
mathiasx

mathiasx is on a distinguished road

Hi,

once again.... i have registered from voxalot to voip.ms, so i do not need to setup any sip uri at voip.ms.

If the 484 is correct there is something wrong with the registration from voxalot to voip.ms (both sides stated as registered).

And that's why i opend this thread (support request to voxalot).

Regards, Mathias
mathiasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #25
tomblandford

tomblandford is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tomblandford

It turns out that my problem was not related to incoming calls (or the new EU servers). It was to do with call forwarding, but the outgoing calls part. I made a change to my call plans recently which stopped the call forwarding from working. I have now corrected it, and all works fine. Incoming calls were actually never the problem. False alarm on my part. Sorry Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomblandford View Post
I might be having the same problem. Since Saturday my provider voip.co.uk is not working. I thought it was to do with me getting my old voip phone out of the cupboard and plugging it in, but that is now back in the cupboard and problem still there.

The provider shows Voxalot as registered normally but inbound calls go to the providers voicemail. That would normally happen if I was in a call or not logged on to Voxalot.

I am also registered with voipdiscount. I use the eu server.
I hope this can be solved asap
tomblandford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
boatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathiasx View Post
Hi, once again.... i have registered from voxalot to voip.ms, so i do not need to setup any sip uri at voip.ms. If the 484 is correct there is something wrong with the registration from voxalot to voip.ms (both sides stated as registered). And that's why i opened this thread (support request to voxalot).
Regards, Mathias
The resolution of this problem appears to have reached as impasse, as Martin has has found that the problem is with voip.ms and cannot debug, and you have found the problem is exclusively with Voxalot.

As I mentioned, I have a voip.ms account, which puts me in a position to help resolve the issue, but I am not going to do that unless asked because it could take a long time and there are plenty of fun things to do outdoors now that summer has arrived.

Good luck.