Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 03-09-2009, 04:46 AM   #1
killerman

killerman is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Calls cut after 30 seconds?

Hi all,

I recently signed up for a voxalot account.

My friend in the US tried calling me using a SipBroker PSTN number and dialing my voxalot ID through that number (*010-memberid)

I receive the call fine and i talk for around 10-30 seconds then it cuts every time.

Either that or i get a busy tone, is there something i'm doing wrong or something i forgot to do? Thanks for any help, cheers.
killerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
MarkosJal

MarkosJal is on a distinguished road

This could be due to re-invites or due to your router, ATA or all three.

Are you using a STUN server? Do you have an outbound proxy configured? Is this a softphone, ATA or a hard phone?

Have tested to/From other destinations? Has the person that has dialed you tested to other destinations? This could be a problem with the PSTN number he is using as well..

You can use STUN with no port forwarding and NAT MAPPING enabled and NAT KEEP ALIVE enabled

OR

Not use STUN and forward the appropriate ports. (if you use STUN with Port forwarding there is no guarantee of the actual ports used, so no STUN with port forwarding). The pors you need to forward are the RYP port range and the SIP port as defined in the ATA.

In either case do NOT use an outbound proxy

Does your router have SPI or other security such as a hardware firewall enabled? If this is a softphone on windows disable any software firewall and security software and test again. Some SPI and firewalls are very bad for VoIP and it seems that at times it will start denying packets after a re-invite because the media starts coming from another IP and the router may interpret this as "unsolicited data", because all previous communication when to a different IP
MarkosJal is offline   Reply With Quote