Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-12-2007, 03:57 AM   #1

244751 will become famous soon enough
Default Help: Issues with Import/Export Tool

I tried using the import/export tool to transfer my settings from one voxalot account to another, and this seems to have messed up both my accounts.
The new account has a number of provider with registration status set to "Registered", even though I have set the register option to no. When I try to delete and add the provider manually, it seems to retain the original settings. Please help.
244751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 04:56 AM   #2
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

The registration status is reflected across the board.

In other words, if you are defining the same provider within 2 different account and set one of them to register - the status will be reflected across both of the accounts.

Other than the status, there should be no other problems with this type of setup.

We realise it might be confusing and as such have an action item to address the status issue. Aside from the status problem, your setup should still work ok.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-12-2007, 05:21 AM   #3
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 244751 View Post
I tried using the import/export tool to transfer my settings from one voxalot account to another, and this seems to have messed up both my accounts.

The new account has a number of provider with registration status set to "Registered", even though I have set the register option to no. When I try to delete and add the provider manually, it seems to retain the original settings. Please help.
My suspicion is that you're being bitten by a current display defect. Consider the following scenario:

- You have two Voxalot accounts
- Both Voxalot accounts have a provider with the same provider credentials (provider, userid and password)
- One of your Voxalot accounts is registered to that provider
- The other is not.

Under this situation, the Voxalot account that is not registered will display the registration state (eg. "Auth Sent", "Registered", etc) of the Voxalot account that is registered. The telephony engine has it all straight under the covers, but the web site is reflecting it incorrectly.

Having said that, though, I admit it is very confusing so please accept my apologies. We recently deployed some infrastructure changes to do with the way the web site interacts with our telephony engine, so hopefully we will be able to fix that defect shortly.

If you think that you have something other than the problem above, please let me know.

| Oops... Martin beat me to it.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote