Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 06-26-2006, 03:59 AM   #1
moollar

moollar is on a distinguished road
Question Multiple Concurrent Registrations/Calls

Hi,

I was wondering if VoXaLot supports multiple concurrent calls and/or multiple concurrent registrations (i.e. more than one device registered to the one sipID at the same time)? If so, how many (for both calls and registrations)?
moollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 06:43 AM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by moollar
I was wondering if VoXaLot supports multiple concurrent calls and/or multiple concurrent registrations (i.e. more than one device registered to the one sipID at the same time)? If so, how many (for both calls and registrations)?
I haven't tried setting up multiple registered Provider entries to the same povider, but I would guess that it would work as long as that provider supports multiple registrations. The easiest way to find out would be to simply try it and see if it works in your case. I do have multiple registrations to a single VoXaLot number and have no trouble making simultaneous incoming and/or outgoing calls.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 07:45 AM   #3
moollar

Actually, I was asking in relation to VoXaLot.

I already know the information for the current VSPs I use with VoXaLot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
I do have multiple registrations to a single VoXaLot number and have no trouble making simultaneous incoming and/or outgoing calls.

Ron
So, what you're saying is that I can have VoXaLot registered on multiple devices at the same time and they all would ring when an incoming call arrives. Is this correct? This is mainly what I would like to know.
Unread 06-26-2006, 09:15 AM   #4
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by moollar
So, what you're saying is that I can have VoXaLot registered on multiple devices at the same time and they all would ring when an incoming call arrives. Is this correct?
Yes. The first one you pick up gets the call and the others remain available for additional incoming and/or outgoing calls.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 09:46 AM   #5
xcaliba

xcaliba is on a distinguished road

I have a spa2100 with two lines connected to one voxalot account. Only one phone rings with an incomming call but I can pick up either (think it is a setting problem on my ata or ren problem). I can also make two outgoing calls at the same time without a problem.
xcaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
moollar

Great! Thanks guys.
Unread 06-27-2006, 01:45 AM   #7
Markovich

Markovich is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaliba
I have a spa2100 with two lines connected to one voxalot account. Only one phone rings with an incomming call but I can pick up either (think it is a setting problem on my ata or ren problem). I can also make two outgoing calls at the same time without a problem.
I wonder if this is a server issue similar to OZtell. That is, OZtell discourage dual registrations because of possible technical issues dependent on the devices being used. But dual registrations ARE actually possible, and simultaneous calls can be placed from the two registrations. HOWEVER, only the last device registered will receive calls (not sure if you can still answer the silent phone).
Markovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2006, 06:35 AM   #8
xcaliba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markovich
(not sure if you can still answer the silent phone).
I could answer the silent phone and the silent phone rings if the other phone is in use. Just havent had time to troubleshoot it properly.
Unread 06-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #9
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

What happens in the event you are on the phone already on one of your devices, and you get a second call in? The other SIP device will just ring as normal, but will the one you are currently using offer you a call-waiting tone to give you the option of continuing to use the same device for the second call?
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-30-2006, 06:24 AM   #10
xcaliba

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor
What happens in the event you are on the phone already on one of your devices, and you get a second call in? The other SIP device will just ring as normal, but will the one you are currently using offer you a call-waiting tone to give you the option of continuing to use the same device for the second call?
Sorry but I dont use call waiting. Try it and see.