Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-27-2007, 03:06 PM   #1
MrFusion

MrFusion is on a distinguished road
Default Problems with 7404 accepting calls made to <user>@au.voxalot.com

Hi,

Having some really frustrating fun and games trying to get inbound IP dialling to work on a 7404vgom.

Configuration as follows:

* connected via ADSL with mysoul
* 3 user-defined profiles -- au.voxalot.com, sip.pennytel.com, and sipgate.de (in that order). All set to ring FXS1 on direct in dial
* au.voxalot.com is associated to port 1
* sipgate.de for port 2
* firewall disabled

The 7404 has successfully registered with all three VSPs, and can successfully make outgoing calls.

Now the fun starts.

I cannot dial direct from an external location, using x-lite, to <number>@ip.address for any of the three numbers defined.

Doing a packet trace, I see that the sip invites are properly sent to the 7404, but it simply doesn't respond (don't even get any IGMP "port not available" messages). Packets go to the 7404, but nothing comes back.

If I use xlite to call <number>@au.voxalot.com, that call fails as well -- I go straight to the voxalot voicemail with a message saying that the destination is not available.

If I use xlite to call <number>@sip.pennytel.com, that call succeeds.

Can anyone help please?

* What do I need to do so that the 7404 can accept direct calls?
* What destination numbers should I use (ie the numbers defined for voxalot, pennytel, sipgate, or other???)
* Any ideas why the router doesn't respond at all to invites sent directly? No SIP response (ie user not defined), not even ICMP to indicate no server listening?
* Any ideas why I can successfully make calls to the 7404 via pennytel, but not voxalot?

Much appreciated, thanks!!
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #2
MrFusion

MrFusion is on a distinguished road
Default Please help!

*bump*

Hi,

Can anyone please help / respond?

Thanks!
MrFusion is offline   Reply With Quote