Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 08-10-2010, 05:13 PM   #1
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road
Default Call Forward and voicemail

I have a DID that is set to forward to another Voxalot user via Sipbroker. (My account is Premium, the other is Basic)

When an incoming call to the forwarded DID is not answered, whose voicemail cuts in, mine or the account to which it is forwarded?

=======

Edit: I've now upgraded both to Premium and now I'm no longer forwarding, so the question is now academic, but if anyone knows the answer I'd like to know!

Last edited by ataboy; 08-10-2010 at 11:27 PM. Reason: Changed configuration
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Voicemail activation is normally triggered by a call going unanswered for some specific period of time. Whichever service is set to go to voicemail after the shorter period of time would normally be triggered first and assume the task.
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2010, 07:42 AM   #3
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Thanks Ron, that makes sense.

Now, my problem is that even though I have upgraded the other account to Premium and removed all forwarding, voicemail is still not kicking in. I have set three outgoing messages: no answer, busy and temporary but none connects.

If Martin is looking at this, may I PM you the details and ask you to look at it?

=======

Edit: I've worked around the problem by extending the timeout and allowing the VSP's voicemail to answer first.

Last edited by ataboy; 08-11-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Changed configuration
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2010, 08:10 PM   #4
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

Hi...
Be careful about the "special" behaviour of 4-"Temporary greeting": don't mix 1/2/3 (unavailable, busy, name) with 4 (greeting)... I also had many problems before, then I found this post and deleted 1/2/3 to replace them by 4:

http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post20981
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #5

134652 is on a distinguished road

no understand
134652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
JustinBarley

JustinBarley is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 134652 View Post
no understand
that makes 2 of us
JustinBarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

Sorry if confusing, I thought the given link would be clear enough...

The numbers I gave are related to menu items of "0 - Mailbox Options" (see link, last menu description before first note).

As written in the first note of given link/post, if you use "Temporary greetings", it overwrites the others! So, it is normal that ataboy could not ear the other messages... (but not the temporary, ok, see below)

Second point: the "special behaviour" I mentioned is related to the way to delete/reset all those messages... Which is not very obvious and may lead, as personally experienced, to a situation where you can no more ear anything! (probably what ataboy encountered too)

In my case, I had to re-record a "temporary" (menu 4) so as to erase "unavailable", "busy" and "name" messages (menu 1, 2 and 3) and, then, reset the temporary itself after hangup/recall (important!!!)...

I spent a lot of time to discover/understand this, and everything made sense when I found the given post: http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post20981 (specially the notes in "About option 0, Mailbox Options")

Last edited by padboll; 11-11-2010 at 11:01 AM.
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote