Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 07-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #1

441516 is on a distinguished road
Default Forwarding DID

I wonder if there is a solution....
I have a Betamax DID with one of my IDs no longer used but I log in from time to time to keep it alive. I would like the voip-in number to another of my ID. Is it possible? After that I can request them to close the concerned account.
Betamax will not reply in any circumstances.
441516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

I don't think they will let you do that. An it's usual that they don't answer...

I would suggest to make profit of this opportunity to take a new DID, but with an independent provider. You'll then be able to switch outgoing calls provider while always keeping you DID.
That's what I've done for years, and it has been really appreciated each time I changed provider for outgoing calls.
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2011, 01:49 PM   #3

Thanks. I read this page>> Internetcalls | The cheapest internetcalls on the planet!
but voxbone is not for individuals. Will Sipgate allow me to use DID with betamax account for incomings and outgoings?
Unread 07-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #4
padboll

padboll is on a distinguished road

No idea, never tested InternetCalls nor Sipgate. But be aware that Betamax blocks some incoming calls, for example from SipBroker and Voxalot.

I personally have several DIDs with LocalPhone (best prices, not Betamax, good support) and, because it's still not possible through web interface, I send a mail to their support asking to route the DID to my SipBroker alias. Then the SipBroker alias directly route to my VoIP hardware to avoid being blocked by Betamax.
Off course it's required that the hardware accepts direct calls... But, if not, it is also possible to ask to route calls to a Voxalot URI, that's what I did for my last DID. (This way, Voxalot is your main "provider", which routes outgoing calls through the Betamax(s) you want, and accepts incoming calls from LocalPhone DIDs, direct calls and SipBroker aliases.)
padboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-08-2011, 12:18 PM   #5

Thak you .
I think DIDLOGIC have good prices on DID numbers. Please let us know if anybody knows better.
I noted Betamax caller ID always works when calling mobile numbers but with BT and cable landlines in UK, it probably works once in perhaps 10 calls.
So my conclusion is that its not voxalot or betamax but BT and Cables system not passing through.