Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 09-05-2006, 01:00 AM   #1
BJReplay

BJReplay is on a distinguished road
Default Forward to Voicemail - Differences between Servers

There is a difference between voxalot.com.au and voxalot.com when forwarding to voice mail.

I've tried every possible combination, and think I can identify the key difference.

Background: I've got a SPA3K, registered to voxalot on Line 1, and User 1 call forward no answer set to my voxalot account number after 10 seconds.

If an incoming PSTN call comes in, it rings through on Line 1. If, after 10 seconds, there is no answer, it gets forwarded to my voxalot account.

This behaviour is common between .com and .com.au. It doesn't seem to make any difference whether I've set my preferred SIP server to .com or .com.au in the voxalot account page. It doesn't seem to matter if I've set the forward destination to 999999 or 999999@voxalot.com or 999999@voxalot.com.au. It doesn't seem to matter if my preferred server is .com or .com.au when I'm registered to .com.au.

Here's the difference:

If I'm registered to .com (regardless of my preferred server on the account page), the moment the call forwards, voice mail answers. However, if I'm registered to .com.au (regardless of my preferred server on the account page), the call keeps ringing (for another 10 seconds) before forwarding to voice mail.

To summarise - it appears that the .com server, when accepting a call from a voxalot account registered to the .com server, to the same voxalot account, sends it to voice mail immediately. This is good. However, the .com.au server, when accepting a call from a voxalot account registered to the .com.au server, to the same voxalot account, lets it ring for some time before sending to voice mail.

I'd prefer to register & use the .com.au server since that's where I am.

Is there any chance of getting the .com.au server to forward to VM immediately if it receives a call to a voxalot account from the same account?

Thanks

BJ

P.S. This is like ringing your own mobile number from your mobile - you expect it to go straight to voice mail, not to ring you back with call waiting

Edit: I should have added that if an incoming call comes into voxalot direct, I see the same pattern - if I'm registered to .com, the call forward defined in the SPA kicks in after 10 seconds and goes to voice mail (I want it to go quicker than the standard time). However, if I'm registered to .com.au, my call forward results in the SPA trying to ring again.

Last edited by BJReplay; 09-05-2006 at 04:25 AM.
BJReplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 02:07 AM   #2
Cyberian75

Cyberian75 is on a distinguished road

I want exactly the opposite. I want all calls forwarded to my BV number; instead, however, they're going directly into voicemail.
Cyberian75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2006, 04:22 AM   #3
BJReplay

BJReplay is on a distinguished road

Have you got forwarding set up in a SPA or in Voxalot? I suspect from your other posts that it's set up in voxalot, so we have a different problem (and yours looks it might be due to registration issues).
BJReplay is offline   Reply With Quote