Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #1
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road
Default How about Voxalot working with calling cards ?

Hi Martin

I was wondering if this would be possible now or in the future :

What i was thinking of was, today there are lots of calling cards giving away lots of minutes to many places in the world. There are many cheap calling cards that gives you many minutes to Asia or Europe then what a voip company would charge you. So what i was thinking was, to have voxalot system that would also work with different calling cards. To make this happend all there have to do is to activate a calling route, that first dials the local number for the calling card, and then it type the pincode and in the end the number you wish to dial.

So to make this happend there should be a dial plan that understands when you for example dial 21532116 that is the local phone number for a calling card, that it automatik pushes the pincode all you have to do is to type the phone number you wish to call.

I know this function works fine with a cellphone, all i have to do is to type : 21532116p123456789p0092xxxxxxxx

21532116 = local calling card access phone
123456789 = pincode
0092xxxxxxx = the phone number i wish to dial

p = is not regular p on the cellphone it comes up on the cellphone when you press the * button 3 times or on some mobil you have to press and hold the * button.

Does voxalot today accept p to type a pincode and then the number i wish to dial ?

On this way all you have to do is to buy a calling card and then you will have controll on your phone bills.

Anyone understood what i mean ? I hope someone would like this, many local access number starts with 800xxxxx and voxalot supports them for free also. So it would be nice if there somehow could manage to work

Last edited by shezad; 10-27-2007 at 03:25 PM.
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 12:58 PM   #2
chatalot

chatalot is on a distinguished road

Are you saying that it works ok if you dial the access number and then type the pin code manually when it asks but you want to be able to automate the pin code entry using voxalots dial plans?

Last edited by chatalot; 10-28-2007 at 01:00 PM.
chatalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 07:53 PM   #3
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

This isn't something that we have considered so far (which is not to say that we have ruled it out, though )

We do have a product under development called VoxRoam that works in a similar manner, but instead of using calling cards, it just uses your existing dial plans.

As part of VoxRoam, Voxalot would provide access numbers around the world that you could dial into, enter a pin, and then dial your number. At this stage, I don't know the public release date of VoxRoam though.

--
Craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
shezad

shezad is on a distinguished road

I mean many people are used to buy prepaid phone cards, it would be nice if voxalot team would let us dial out using prepaid phone card.

Right now we can use prefix on the number we want to dial, what i want them to make is a way we users can dial out by feeding the access number for the prepaid calling card in voxalot and feeding the pin number from the phone card. When we dial the number if wish to call like 0092xxxxxxx. voxalot system would automatic first dial the access number 800xxx. for the phone card and then the pincode of the card and then the number we have chosen to dial out.

Right now this is not possible from voxalot, but i know it works fine with a regular mobile phone, if i type in a mobile the whole access number, pincode and the number i wish to dial in one sentence (800xxxx.p123456789p0092xxxx.) it works fine. It would be nice if voxalot could make it happend

Last edited by shezad; 10-28-2007 at 10:12 PM.
shezad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
majo

majo is on a distinguished road

Hi ALL,
It would be nice to implement Pause dialing functionality. But i don't think any one will use calling card with Voxalot. Most of the people buy calling card for 1 go mean finish when opened card. I was very much annoyed by using calling card because you have to goto shop to buy card every week. Cheap carling cards are not relyable so that you should buy in larg quantity. If you buy card with large balance then you would be surprise buy next dial because your credit fall by time, if you use or not.
Anyway this feature will open new possibilties for users and i think it could be implemented like many phone handset support it. Since last two years i have left calling cards & using voip. Calling Cardlers also use voip behind the seen. I can get better deals with voip than caling cards and credit does not vanish in air.
By the way 'craig' is part of VoxTeam Facebook | Login.

Majo
majo is offline   Reply With Quote