Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 11-11-2008, 01:00 AM   #1
IanSav

IanSav is on a distinguished road
Default Deleting VoiceMail Prompts...

Hi,

I was testing my VoiceMail configuration and entered some custom messages for the VoiceMail system. How do I delete any custom messages and restore the system defaults?

Also, what is the Temporary Greeting (Option 4) used for?

Than you in advance,
Regards,
Ian.
IanSav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #2
g00fy

g00fy is on a distinguished road

I would also like to know this.... see my post about the defect with the busy signal.

Why do I see so many unanswered posts with problems, as this is the only way to get support on our accounts? Is there any support with this service after all, or are we just being left in the dark when a problem arise?
g00fy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 04:16 AM   #3
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Here goes a quick summary of the VM system:

1 Listen to New or Old Messages
--3 Advanced Options
----1 Send Reply
----3 Message Envelope
----5 Leave a Message (will ask for user's extension)
----* Return
--5 Repeat Message
--4 Previous Message
--6 Next Message
--7 Delete
--8 Forward to another user
--9 Save Message (will be prompted to choose folder)
--* Repeat Options
--# Exit

2 Change Folder
--0 New Messages
--1 Old Messages
--2 Work Messages
--3 Family Messages
--4 Friend Messages
--# Exit

3 Advanced Options
--5 Leave a Message (will ask for user's extension)
--* Return

0 Mailbox Options
--1 Unavailable Message
--2 Busy Message
--3 Your Name
--4 Temporary Message

* Repeat Options in Main Menu
# Exit

About option 0, Mailbox Options:
-The Temporary Message (4) overrides all other messages. Once recorded you'll need to hangup and call VoiceMail again, at which point upon choosing option 0 then 4, you'll be given a choice to delete your temporary greeting.
- The recording of your name (3) is used along with the system default greeting for the Unavailable and Busy message. Once recorded it cannot be deleted but it can be re-recorded.
-The Busy Message is played when you are on a call or the line is off-hook (provided the VoiceMail is enabled). Once recorded it cannot be reset back to default but it can be re-recorded.
-The Unavailable Message is played if your registration fails (provided the VoiceMail is enabled). Once recorded it cannot be reset back to default but it can be re-recorded.

Most users who do not require advanced features are counselled to record only a Temporary greeting (which can be easily deleted if need be).

Other notes:
-If the VoiceMail has been enabled the VoiceMail will take all calls which are not answered, or if the line is busy or unavailable.
-If the VoiceMail has not been enabled the phone will ring for the length of time specified for VM to answer anyways then go to a busy signal.
-If the line is busy or the registration fails while the VoiceMail is disabled a busy message will sound (if you're having trouble with this please test via SipBroker access number to confirm)
-Whether VM is enabled or disabled the delay to answer should not exceed 30 seconds (strange behaviour has been observed otherwise)
-Also when checking messages, rather than deleting new messages after hearing them, saving them to the Old Messages folder, then deleting them afterwards helps avoid http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...resetting.html
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
g00fy

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
-The Busy Message is played when you are on a call or the line is off-hook (provided the VoiceMail is enabled). Once recorded it cannot be reset back to default but it can be re-recorded.
This is not happening on my account. The unavailable message is playing everytime, when on a call or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
-If the line is busy or the registration fails while the VoiceMail is disabled a busy message will sound (if you're having trouble with this please test via SipBroker access number to confirm)
Also not happening with my account. When the VoiceMail is disabled and the line is busy there is no sound at all. After about 10 seconds the connection fails.

This was tested when calling out via my Voxalot account and at the same moment calling myself with my cellphone.

Again: CAN SOME ADMIN TAKE A LOOK INTO THIS?

BTW: Emoci, thanks for the summary and notes. It is very appreciated.

Last edited by g00fy; 01-18-2009 at 11:20 PM.
Unread 01-22-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
g00fy

Thumbs down

ADMINS, CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE A REACTION ON THIS! I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE USE OF THE VOICEMAIL SYSTEMS UNAVAILABLE AND BUSY MESSAGES.

PS Sorry for yelling, but unfortunately I have asked multiple times allready and it seems it's being ignored (great way to handle with your costumers, by the way :-( ).
So I would like to get an answer and make use of the system as it is designed for.
Unread 01-24-2009, 10:47 PM   #6
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Hello g00fy,

First of all apologies for the delay. We have taken a closer look at this problem and have concluded that the problem is due to the SIP response received from the ATA / end point.

The Voxalot server is expecting a "Busy Here 486 message".

What ATA are you using? Is there any way you can determine what message your ATA / device is sending back to Voxalot?

Thanks

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2009, 11:30 PM   #7
g00fy

Thanks Martin for finally reacting .

I use a Zyxel Prestige 2602 (V3.40(MU.5)b3).

Tried putting on every option in my modem to get all the logging I can, but unfortunately it seems I can only see what happens inbound.
If I configure my VSP Budgetphone directly in my modem, busy detection is happening, because I can hear a busy tone when the phone is off the hook and call my own number with my cell phone.
When I do it via Voxalot again, and the VM is off, I get no busy tone, but it seems the line is connected and disconnected at once (so, not even a 'dead line' anymore).
When VM is on, the unavailable message is playing at once (not waiting for the time I had configured, so the system must know someway I am busy, because when I am not it will wait for 25 secs before the VM kicks in.

Thanks again for looking in to this. If there is anything I can do to help testing please let me know.
Unread 01-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #8
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00fy View Post
When VM is on, the unavailable message is playing at once
When the VM is "on" is it the "unavailable" message that is playing or the "busy" message?

Unread 01-25-2009, 08:09 AM   #9
g00fy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin View Post
When the VM is "on" is it the "unavailable" message that is playing or the "busy" message?
It is the unavailable message. So it seems the Voxalot system thinks my ata is not available when in fact I am busy on the phone.

This was in the other thread:
When I am talking on the phone I do not get a signal if someone else calls. Only an e-mail, but I see that only when I am online. So, I want the busy message, so I can give a message we're busy right now, but they can try again within a few minutes. When I am really unavailable I want another message.

Last edited by g00fy; 01-25-2009 at 08:11 AM.
Unread 01-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #10
martin

Are you able to configure X-Lite to use your account details and validate the behavior?

I suspect that the reason Voxalot thinks your ata is not available (instead of busy) is because of the message your ATA is sending back to the server.