Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 11-28-2007, 10:35 AM   #11
mgoebel

mgoebel is on a distinguished road
Exclamation We need a small cell phone application for callthrough

I have ordered my ideas in a new blog post:

Markus Göbel's Tech News Comments: Packet8 MobileTalk could be done much better

Hopefully my ideas will inspire someone. One of today's fights between incumbent telcos and new companies like Voxalot is about bringing mobile phone users away from their usual cell phone networks and into the new VoIP networks. That's also a reason why Jajah introduced the Jajah Direct callthrough numbers. Although they are difficult to use, because they are up to 24 digits long when you make the first call.

What makes Voxalot (and Tpad) so different from all the other VoIP providers is your callthrough numbers: I am not lost when I am outside Wifi.

In lots of countries I can always call a local Sipbroker number and make my VoIP calls this way. That's cheaper than roaming and an important feature. That must also be the reason why Wifimobile recently introduced callthrough numbers, additionally to their super easy to use Symbian application. Although the callthrough numbers are difficult to use, compared to their super easy Wifi application.

To make Voxalot the coolest provider for mobile VoIP it would be helpful to make Wifi VoIP and callthrough a seamless experience. The way that Packet8 does it.

A small cell phone application which automatically decides whether to route a call through Wifi or through a Sipbroker number.
mgoebel is offline   Reply With Quote