Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 08-02-2007, 08:31 AM   #21
serendipitydawg

serendipitydawg is on a distinguished road

Qualified good news!

I have succeeded in gaining access to mobile.voxalot.com from my Windows Mobile 5 phone, but only by means of a workaround

Internet Explorer on my HTC TyTN, comes with a pre-configured link to mobile.htc.com. If I select this I am taken to a screen of mobile friendly web sites. Including an option "web search" which in turn leads to a Google search window.

If I enter mobile.voxalot.com and tap "search" a link appears to mobile.voxalot.com ( at Number 1 you'll be relieved to hear!)

If I tap this I am able to login and use web callback.

Craig, does this give any clues.

I am counting the days until full access to voxalot.com fron Windows Mobile 5!!
serendipitydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 11:40 AM   #22
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the details. A poster in another thread happened to mention that they were also getting 404's, and I was able to track down what caused that problem (which was the same problem that you are having with mobile.voxalot.com).

With a bit more testing to go, this fix should be deployed to production in the next day or so. This should, at least, get mobile.voxalot.com working for you (and others).

We are still working on getting Voxalot - Home working properly for Windows Mobile 5 users. I will be sure to report back here as soon as we make any decent progress.

Thanks again for your patience.

--
craig
craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #23
hust

hust is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by craig View Post

We are still working on getting Voxalot - Home working properly for Windows Mobile 5 users. I will be sure to report back here as soon as we make any decent progress.

Thanks again for your patience.

--
craig
Hi,craig
Have you considered to support Windows Mobile 2003?
Thanks.
hust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2007, 10:56 PM   #24
craig

craig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the roughcraig is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hust View Post
Have you considered to support Windows Mobile 2003?
I can't be sure (because I don't have a Mobile 2003 device) but the changes that we make to support Windows Mobile 5 *should* also work with Mobile 2003.

--
craig
Unread 08-03-2007, 09:11 AM   #25
serendipitydawg

Further qualified success to report!

I have successfully connected to mobile. voxalot.com with both of my other Internet-enabled phones; and initiated a web callback.

Phones are a Sony Ericsson K750i (vintage 2005), and a BenQSiemens E71 (vintage 2007). Both are Java enabled, and neither has Symbian or Windows Mobile.

Yet again the "Google workaround" proved successful. All I had to do was search Google and bookmark mobile.voxalot.com.

I have switched both phones off and on, and have been able to retrace my steps, so to speak
Unread 08-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #26
serendipitydawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipitydawg View Post
I am counting the days until full access to voxalot.com fron Windows Mobile 5!!

Seventeen days so far! Any news please Craig?
Unread 08-20-2007, 12:25 AM   #27
craig

Quote:
Any news please Craig?
Ahh, my apologies... I never got back to you regarding my progress. As you may already have noticed, mobile.voxalot.com should be back to working without having to do any weird workarounds. Please let me know if you have any problems with accessing the site through mobile.voxalot.com

Regarding the fix for the Windows Mobile deficiencies... this is definitely something that we want to fix, but we have to balance making those changes against doing a full re-test for all browsers across all platforms.

When we moved to the site's new look and feel, we consciously chose a standards-based approach towards the user controls, and to support the older Windows Mobile devices will mean we have to regress those controls (and the look and feel that we spent the last few months creating). We are trying to devise a way that we can render a different control for mobile devices without a) having to rewrite the whole site, b) having to retest the whole site, and c) taking 6 months to do it.

I have a few ideas, but most of them involves doing global changes across all pages - which is a high-risk approach to handling this problem. I understand this is frustrating for you (it is for me also), but I appreciate your patience and support while we try to find the best solution.

--
Craig
Unread 08-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #28
serendipitydawg

Another ten days or so have passed, and in the words of the song *You don't know what you have 'til it's gone..".

The longer I am parted from web access to voxalot.com via Windows Mobile 5 ( I even used to post on the forum), the longer I am forced to ponder the irony of; it was free, it worked and I liked it so much i bought it then it stopped working!

Any news please Craig?
Unread 09-25-2007, 09:27 PM   #29
serendipitydawg

Quote:
Another ten days or so have passed, and in the words of the song *You don't know what you have 'til it's gone..".

The longer I am parted from web access to voxalot.com via Windows Mobile 5 ( I even used to post on the forum), the longer I am forced to ponder the irony of; it was free, it worked and I liked it so much i bought it then it stopped working!

Any news please Craig?
Another month, nearly, has passed. Any news, Craig?
Unread 09-25-2007, 11:17 PM   #30
craig

Quote:
Another month, nearly, has passed. Any news, Craig?
I understand, and sympathise with, your frustration, however counting down the number of days since you last posted doesn't change any of the points I mentioned in http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...html#post11862

We spent the last few months moving the site to a new standards-based Look and Feel and the problem is that, despite claiming support for something as simple as HTML 4, Windows Mobile 5 doesn't properly support the BUTTON tag. Apparently this has been fixed in Windows Mobile 6, but that probably doesn't help you.

As I said previously, changing away from using the BUTTON tag is going to affect all users on all browsers on all platforms. If I could have made a simple change to fix this problem, I would have done so long ago. The change that needs to be made to get the site to work properly on Windows Mobile 5 is non-trivial and will require re-testing on all browsers across all platforms.

I appreciate your point that it used to work, that you paid for premium membership, and now the new site doesn't work. If this is something that you feel particularly aggrieved about, please contact me offline and I can arrange a refund of your premium membership.

Craig