Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot General

Voxalot General Voxalot discussion, tips, tricks and suggestions. Talk about them here.

Unread 07-15-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
Wakie

Wakie is on a distinguished road
Default Untimed International Calls

Hi Folks,

What I'm looking to do is make international calls at untimed rates without a 'web callback'. I have an Australian-based VoIP provider and intend on getting a series of 'local' providers in overseas land and hope to use Voxalot to connect the two local calls together.

Effectively, I simply want to make a phone call from a handset connected to an ATA and have the call connected immediately.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks,
Wakie.
Wakie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 10:37 PM   #2
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakie View Post
Hi Folks,

What I'm looking to do is make international calls at untimed rates without a 'web callback'. I have an Australian-based VoIP provider and intend on getting a series of 'local' providers in overseas land and hope to use Voxalot to connect the two local calls together.

Effectively, I simply want to make a phone call from a handset connected to an ATA and have the call connected immediately.

Is this a possibility?

Thanks,
Wakie.

VoXalot is a service that stands in middle and routes Incoming and Outgoing calls based on your preferences ...

However incoming and outgoing services from and to the PSTN must be obtained from third party providers.

If you want to set up something a-la Rebtel Smart Call or Talkster ...Web-Call-Back is probably as close as it gets...

I could of course be missing part of what you wish to do....if you could describe an example call and how you'd like it to proceed maybe we can provide some better pointers...
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
Wakie

Hi emoci,

Just say I want to call a relation in Turkey from Australia, I would get a local VoIP provider in Australia and a provider in Turkey - joining the calls together via Voxalot to effectively give me an untimed phone call.

I've noticed this is possible via a callback type of system, but I was hoping that it was more instant. I'd like to make the call and have it connect immediately.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Wakie.
Unread 07-16-2009, 03:55 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Hi emoci,

Just say I want to call a relation in Turkey from Australia, I would get a local VoIP provider in Australia and a provider in Turkey - joining the calls together via Voxalot to effectively give me an untimed phone call.

I've noticed this is possible via a callback type of system, but I was hoping that it was more instant. I'd like to make the call and have it connect immediately.

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Wakie.
I am not sure what you mean by an "untimed call"

-If you use your Australian based Voip Provider (most of them) to call Turkey you'll be charged a per minute fee...

If what you mean is this:
-Find a provider that offers unlimited calls in Australia
-Find a provider that offers unlimited calls in Turkey
-Somehow connect these providers so you can call two locations in Turkey and Australia

Then ...the solution is simple...as long as you're using VoXalot from an ATA device or SoftPhone connected to the internet, you can call to Turkey using the Unlimited Turkey provider and you can call to Australia using the Unlimited Australia provider (there is no need to join them).

If you want to place the call from a regular landline or mobile instead, then your choices are Web Call Back, a CallBack setup (see LiberaIlVoip) or a CallThru setup (see PBXes.com)

As you see I'm still not 100% clear on what you're trying to accomplish ... so feel free to reply letting me know if this helped...
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:15 AM   #5
Wakie

Quote:
If what you mean is this:
-Find a provider that offers unlimited calls in Australia
-Find a provider that offers unlimited calls in Turkey
-Somehow connect these providers so you can call two locations in Turkey and Australia
That's exactly what I was trying to explain

So, after I have added my two VoIP providers (Australia and Turkey, both charged at 'local' rates) into my Voxalot account, I'm able to call my Turkish destination via an ATA device programmed to Voxalot? Wouldn't there need to be a Vox POP in Turkey to enable that leg of the call to be charged at a local call rate?
Unread 07-16-2009, 05:25 AM   #6
emoci

Quote:
That's exactly what I was trying to explain

So, after I have added my two VoIP providers (Australia and Turkey, both charged at 'local' rates) into my Voxalot account, I'm able to call my Turkish destination via an ATA device programmed to Voxalot? Wouldn't there need to be a Vox POP in Turkey to enable that leg of the call to be charged at a local call rate?
Nope...no need to have a VoXalot server in Turkey to use a Turkish provider

The 2 call legs are:
1. ATA---VoXalot---Turkish Provider (completely over the internet)
2. Turkish Provider ---- PSTN in Turkey (over the actual phone network for which a charge applies...in this case a local charge)

If all you wanted to deal with was the Turkish Provider...you could do this directly from your ATA (no VoXalot involved).

Where VoXalot comes in handy is if you have a few of these (eg. one for local calls to turkey, one for local calls to germany, one to italy, one for australia....you get the picture) then VoXalot acts as the central place where all the details are stored whereas your ATA only deals with VoXalot...

Hope that makes sense...

Tags
calls, international, untimed