Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #1
filmnet

filmnet is on a distinguished road
Default Incoming calls cut off during ringing

Hi there,

Just got my Voxalot set up working again (SPA 3000), but noticed that when I dial it from another 'phone to test with, incoming calls via Voiptalk cut off after about 3 or 4 double rings (sometimes as low as 1), and change to Number Unobtainable tone.

But my 'phone connected to the SPA 3000 keeps ringing until I pick up (and get silence).

So by time I answer a call, the other party is already cut off!

I am using a Voiptalk DDI which forwards to my Voxalot user and my SPA is registered to Voxalot.

Any help would be appreciated!

-regards
filmnet
filmnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
poyner

poyner is on a distinguished road

It sounds like a port forwarding or firewall issue. try disabling your firewall and/or forwarding the correct ports to see if this helps.
poyner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #3
filmnet

filmnet is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by poyner View Post
It sounds like a port forwarding or firewall issue. try disabling your firewall and/or forwarding the correct ports to see if this helps.
Many thanks for your advice - I had suspected it might be the router, I have similar disconnection problems with instant messenger!

I've followed the advice of this tutorial (I have a Conexant router) and put my SPA 3000's IP address in the Host IP address at the end of each. However I wasn't able to put in the 10000-20000 entry due to the response "The maximum number of mapped ports is 20".

http://portforward.com/english/route...Lingo_VoIP.htm

Have I done good?

regards
-filmnet

Edit: Okay I've also disabled the router firewall, but the problem still remains - any other ideas? (Or have I just done the port forwarding thing wrongly?)

Edit 2: Right, I think I've managed to set it up right now (at least almost!). I followed the advice on the following page and I worked out that I had to set "NAT Keep Alive Enable" to YES! This seems to have resolved the problem completely.

http://faq.sipbroker.com/tiki-index....%20or%20Sipura

Last edited by filmnet; 03-15-2007 at 08:09 PM.
filmnet is offline   Reply With Quote