Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-17-2008, 02:33 AM   #1
325xi

325xi is on a distinguished road
Default Forwarding to multiple destinations

My PAP2T registered at Voxalot. To be able to forward incoming calls to my cell, office phone, AND ATA, I planned to register my voxalot account at myipswitch, and to make voxalot forward everything to there. At myipswitch I would fork the call to all destination I want. But then, how can I make ATA (registered at voxalot) to ring as well? It seems I have to send everything from voxalot to myipswitch, and then sent it back to voxalot as one of the destinations. But I can't figure out how to do that.

Any ideas?
325xi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:13 AM   #2
satphoneguy

satphoneguy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325xi View Post
My PAP2T registered at Voxalot. To be able to forward incoming calls to my cell, office phone, AND ATA, I planned to register my voxalot account at myipswitch, and to make voxalot forward everything to there. At myipswitch I would fork the call to all destination I want. But then, how can I make ATA (registered at voxalot) to ring as well? It seems I have to send everything from voxalot to myipswitch, and then sent it back to voxalot as one of the destinations. But I can't figure out how to do that.

Any ideas?
you could either register your ATA directly to mysipswitch or use a second voxalot account for your ATA separate from the one you are forwarding to mysipswitch.
satphoneguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 04:23 AM   #3
325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by satphoneguy View Post
you could either register your ATA directly to mysipswitch or use a second voxalot account for your ATA separate from the one you are forwarding to mysipswitch.
First option would be obvious choice, but I use day-time based rules in voxalot forwarding, which aren't supported in mysipswitch.

Second option - I didn't really understand, do you mind to elaborate? I think my problem is that I can't find a way for myipswitch to forward the same call to both PSTN and SIP URI (voxalot) destinations, it appears to work either to multiple PSTN or a single SIP URI...
Or may be there's a way for Voxalot to forward a call to SIP URI (mysipswitch) AND ring the registered ATA? That would be perfect solution.
Unread 03-17-2008, 05:53 AM   #4
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
First option would be obvious choice, but I use day-time based rules in voxalot forwarding, which aren't supported in mysipswitch.

Second option - I didn't really understand, do you mind to elaborate? I think my problem is that I can't find a way for myipswitch to forward the same call to both PSTN and SIP URI (voxalot) destinations, it appears to work either to multiple PSTN or a single SIP URI...
Or may be there's a way for Voxalot to forward a call to SIP URI (mysipswitch) AND ring the registered ATA? That would be perfect solution.
satphoneguy's second solution would be something like this:

VoXalot Premium>>MySipSwitch>>Fork>>(1) Routing in MySipSwitch (2) Another VoXalot Basic acct to which ATA is registered....

There is an easy way to accomplish the part I bolded from your statement:
-Leave your ATA registered with VoXalot as it is now.
-In MySipSwitch under Registrations (bottom of Config page) register the same VoXalot acct and fill the contact address with your MySipSwitch URI

This accomplishes the equivalent of registering two different ATAs with the same VoXalot acct (but in this case one is the actual ATA, the other is MySipSwitch)

Both your ATA and MySipSwitch will ring, with the first to answer taking the call....however the forking at MySipSwitch will be a trial and error thing....but worth a test

Last edited by emoci; 03-18-2008 at 04:38 AM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 07:54 AM   #5
jack9901

jack9901 is on a distinguished road

I have another idea that might be one of the many choices to consider. Mysipswitch currently supports a simple inbound routing rule by adding different prefixes to the Mysipswitch username. Example,

exten = work.Mysipswitch_username,1,Switch(Mysipswitch_use rname@local&cell@provider1&office@provider2)

exten = offwork.Mysipswitch_username,1,Switch(Mysipswitch_ username@local&cell@provider1)

where Mysipswitch_username@local will ring the device registered to Mysipswitch.

In Voxalot account, you can set up different rules where the destination
SIP URI's would be work.Mysipswitch_username@sip.mysipswitch.com or offwork.Mysipswitch_username@sip.mysipswitch.com or anything.Mysipswitch_username@sip.mysipswitch.com that you defined in your Mysipswitch dial plan.
jack9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-2008, 06:41 PM   #6
325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
VoXalot Premium>>MySipSwitch>>Fork>>(1) Routing in MySipSwitch (2) Another VoXalot Basic acct to which ATA is registered....
Thanks emoci, but that's exactly what i was asking about - how to do it? Myipswitch doesn't seem to allow me to put sip forwarding in their dial plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
There is an easy way to accomplish the part I bolded from your statement:
-Leave your ATA registered with VoXalot as it is now.
-In MySipSwitch under Registrations (bottom of Config page) register the same VoXalot acct and fill the contact address with your MySipSwitch URI

This accomplishes the equivalent of registering two different ATAs with the same VoXalot acct (but in this case one is the actual ATA, the other is MySipSwitch)

Both your ATA and MySipSwitch will ring, with the first to answer taking the call....however the forking at MySipSwitch will be a trial and error thing....but worth a test
But by filling the contact address with my VoXalot URI I just send the ring back to voxalot, so I can't fork it in mysipswitch?.. Or I totally misunderstand how it work?

Last edited by emoci; 03-18-2008 at 04:19 AM.
Unread 03-18-2008, 04:24 AM   #7
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Thanks emoci, but that's exactly what i was asking about - how to do it? Myipswitch doesn't seem to allow me to put sip forwarding in their dial plans.
You are correct, their new syntax creates problems with URIs in the dialplan, but you could always use a provider to forward to VoXalot....in any case see below, I made a typo on my reply yesterday

Quote:
But by filling the contact address with my VoXalot URI I just send the ring back to voxalot, so I can't fork it in mysipswitch?.. Or I totally misunderstand how it work?
Notice I made a correction above in bold, I should have said MySipSwitch Uri.....the URI that is then set to forward to multiple third party destinations simultaneously....as I said though reliability even in this method is still not there (in my opinion)

So to summarize:

1. ATA registered with VoXalot
2. Same VoXalot acct. as above pointed to let's say fwd1.user@sip.mysipswitch.com using the MySipSwitch registration section
3. A MySipSwitch DialPlan as follows:
exten = fwd1.user,1,Switch(cell@provider1&office@provider2 )

So now when someone calls that VoXalot acct....if all goes well, your ATA, Cell and Office should all 3 ring simultaneously

Some issues I came across playing with this:
1. When picking up my ATA first everything goes well
2. When picking up Cell or Office (going along with the example above), I had one of two annoying things happen either (a) I take the call fine, but then after a few seconds VoXalot Voicemail also answers, or (b) I take the call, talk for a few seconds and then the call drops

Now keep in mind I was using PG as one of the providers to call the Cell destination....so a more reliable provider maybe able to pull it off.....

Last edited by emoci; 03-18-2008 at 04:37 AM.
Unread 03-19-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
325xi

Thanks emoci, now it's clear. I'm somewhat concerned on reliability though - planned to withdraw my home and cell numbers from "public" use, and give everyone my DID(s) that I can fully manage. But then reliability is crucial.

It looks jack9901's suggestion might work even better:

- Provider(s) registered with Voxalot
- Voxalot does filtering by time etc, and sends calls on different mysipswitch sub-URIs
- ATA registered with mysipswitch
- mysipswitch sub-URIs do all the job on ringing the ATA and all possible PSTN I ever need.

What do you think?
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:31 AM   #9
emoci

Quote:
Thanks emoci, now it's clear. I'm somewhat concerned on reliability though - planned to withdraw my home and cell numbers from "public" use, and give everyone my DID(s) that I can fully manage. But then reliability is crucial.

It looks jack9901's suggestion might work even better:

- Provider(s) registered with Voxalot
- Voxalot does filtering by time etc, and sends calls on different mysipswitch sub-URIs
- ATA registered with mysipswitch
- mysipswitch sub-URIs do all the job on ringing the ATA and all possible PSTN I ever need.

What do you think?
Should it work? Yes
Do I believe it'll work reliably enough to start giving ppl only your VoIP number routed this way? No, I don't think the routing feature at MySipSwitch is there yet

But, It'll be a neat testing procedure that I'd like to hear about when you are done
Unread 03-19-2008, 02:50 AM   #10
325xi

Are you concerned about routing at myipswitch in general, or only if I do multiple destination with different providers?

I mean, if I make it just ring my ATA (local routing) and ring my cell (one outbound forwarding) at the same time - is it also not there yet?