Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-25-2007, 06:27 AM   #1
peters

peters is on a distinguished road
Default SPA call forwarding where voxalot is active line 1

**problem 1**
i was testing nearly the whole day today to divert calls on my ATA but it just not work. On SPA 2000, I have register line 1 with my voxalot details, i have put in line 1 dial plan as ([x*][x*].) and in voxalot dial plan i have create
_04. 001161${EXTEN:1} pennytel

back to my spa 2000 again, on user 1, i filled in Cfwd All Dest: 04xxxxxx (my mobile number)

i can't see where go wrong ... just can't get things work. the calls not been diverted and i can't hear any voice at all.

**problem 2**
another problem on call diversion is, i have few provider registered in Provider List, i'm trying to divert my voxalot extension to A number and the rest of registered provider forward to B number ... not sure why just can't work. the only time i can get calls diverted is when i create the Inbound CID Pattern as _. but simply all calls get diverted and i can't differential them.

is there anyone expert in solving the above ?? appreciate it very much.

Last edited by peters; 05-25-2007 at 07:24 AM. Reason: make it easier to understand
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 06:48 AM   #2
MarkLL

MarkLL is on a distinguished road

Are you trying to redirect calls to your Voxalot Number?

Sip call forwarding (when set up on the ATA) is really a Redirection service only. It can be Made to work but if you want calls to your Voxalot Account to be forwarded then you need to either Get an IP PBX or use the Voxalot Web interface to forward.

Just to Explain:
When you Spa recieves an Invite message from a Call and you have set up Call Forwarding then your SPA sends a SIP/2.0 302 Moved Temporarily response to the Caller (regardless of if a direct IP call of from a VSP)

Code:
SIP/2.0 302 Moved Temporarily
Call-ID: 3c4ece54a122-emcwrclzpc90@snom320-000
CSeq: 1 INVITE
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5062;branch=z9hG4bK-aj2agdfictp8
To: <sip:zzzzzz@au.voxalot.com>;tag=513103zk
Content-Length: 0
Allow: ACK,BYE,CANCEL,INVITE,INFO,NOTIFY,OPTIONS,PRACK,REFER,UPDATE
It's then up to the VSP (or ATA if an IP Call) to call the number specified in the Contact: line.

When calling from another Voxalot account, it generally goes straight to VMail. MNF is the only VSP, i know of, that if someone calls your DID and you have call forwarding set it will forward the call. Some return the Redirection notice back to the ATA and in the case of my Epygi Quadro, it makes a new call to the new contact number, some VSP's return Forbidden.

The way it works currently, If you Direct IP Dial a number YOU may end up paying for the redirected call. PM me if you want to test
MarkLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 07:32 AM   #3
peters

peters is on a distinguished road

Hi Mark,
thanks for your quick respond, i have re-edit my post by putting **question 1** and **question 2** to make easier to understand and communicated as i though they are two different issue.

at the moment, i'm trying to focus on **problem 1**, i though it's a very straight forward setting, and i'm preparing to pay for the forward call to my mobile, but as mentioned, can't work. I did testing using my engin and gotalk account, setting them up on line 1, on user 1, i filled in Cfwd All Dest: 04xxxxxx (my mobile number), tested, it's all ok.
peters is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2007, 08:44 AM   #4
MarkLL

MarkLL is on a distinguished road

peters,
**problem 1**
Re-read my post from "Just to Explain:"
Voxalot will not respond to Call Forwarding when you set it up on your ATA. You must do it in Voxalot.

Quote:
i though it's a very straight forward setting, and i'm preparing to pay for the forward call to my mobile, but as mentioned, can't work.
Unless your VSP supports it or you have a gateway device or pbx it won't work.

With MyNetFone, Yes they support it and you will be chaged for the call.

Quote:
I did testing using my engin and gotalk account, setting them up on line 1, on user 1, i filled in Cfwd All Dest: 04xxxxxx (my mobile number), tested, it's all ok.
I could not get it to work with engin infact, I found that they return the 302 message to the original caller if it's from another Engin Account (ie voip call). If it's from a PSTN caller it will probably go to VM or become engaged.

In engin, as with most VSP's, you can set up forwarding using some sort of Web based control panel and it does work.

Look at it like this... With a Landline (pstn) when you set up call forwarding you dial a prefix and then the number and this is registered at the Exchange. What you are trying to do is set it up on your home device and not the exchange.

For pure Sip to Sip calls using an Open Sip server it does work. For commercial VSP's where there are cost implications, they want you to set it up at their Exchange ie using the Web control panel.

Last edited by MarkLL; 05-25-2007 at 08:46 AM.
MarkLL is offline   Reply With Quote