Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #1
wycodreams

wycodreams is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down No outgoing audio between voxalot accounts

I dont know what happen.
I have 4 voxalot account in two rt31p2 devices. In the past, it works fine, but now, when i try to call to my voxalot accounts (device1 to device 2) or (device 2 to device 1), my calls dont have outgoing audio. I can hear but they dont hear me. And when they call me, they can hear me but i dont hear they. My incoming and outgoing calls from others providers working fine, it have sound in both legs.
Only 1 voxalot account work fine. From this account in device 1, i can hear and they can hear me, but only in outgoing calls from this account.
Both devices is configured equal, is the same configuration. Please help me. Thank you.
I try my accounts in sjphone with the same answer.
wycodreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #2
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I think Voxalot made a change that must have caused a bug. Even I have had random problems (not as severe as yours), between two Linksys Sipuras calling each other's Voxalot accounts.

My problem is that the call would work fine for 10 or 20 minutes and then the incoming audio would cut out for me, but my outgoing would be fine and the other side could hear me. If I just wait like 20 to 40 seconds, the incoming audio would be restored. And it would intermittently do this throughout the call. These are two Sipuras whose settings haven't changed in two years! So I speculate it must be a new Voxalot bug.

I am not sure I fixed it, but what I did on mine is change my settings from this:
NAT Support Parameters heading:
Handle VIA received: No
Handle VIA rport: No
Insert VIA received: No
Insert VIA rport: No
Substitute VIA Addr: Yes
Send Resp To Src Port: Yes
STUN Enable: Yes
STUN Test Enable: No
STUN Server: stun.xten.com
EXT IP: (blank)
EXT RTP Port Min: (blank)
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 28

To this:
Handle VIA received: Yes
Handle VIA rport: Yes
Insert VIA received: Yes
Insert VIA rport: Yes
Substitute VIA Addr: No
Send Resp To Src Port: No
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 20

So far the problem hasn't returned, but this could just be voodoo manipulation and not actually be fixing anything. It is some kind of NAT/router bug we're seeing, so it makes sense to attack the NAT/STUN settings in our ATA to try to fix it.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #3
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctylor View Post
I think Voxalot made a change that must have caused a bug. Even I have had random problems (not as severe as yours), between two Linksys Sipuras calling each other's Voxalot accounts.

My problem is that the call would work fine for 10 or 20 minutes and then the incoming audio would cut out for me, but my outgoing would be fine and the other side could hear me. If I just wait like 20 to 40 seconds, the incoming audio would be restored. And it would intermittently do this throughout the call. These are two Sipuras whose settings haven't changed in two years! So I speculate it must be a new Voxalot bug.

I am not sure I fixed it, but what I did on mine is change my settings from this:
Handle VIA received: No
Handle VIA rport: No
Insert VIA received: No
Insert VIA rport: No
Substitute VIA Addr: Yes
Send Resp To Src Port: Yes
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 28

To this:
Handle VIA received: Yes
Handle VIA rport: Yes
Insert VIA received: Yes
Insert VIA rport: Yes
Substitute VIA Addr: No
Send Resp To Src Port: No
NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 20

So far the problem hasn't returned, but this could just be voodoo manipulation and not actually be fixing anything. It is some kind of NAT/router bug we're seeing, so it makes sense to attack the NAT/STUN settings in our ATA to try to fix it.
I also had also similar problem, but I was able to improve this incoming audio, now I face this silence still some time.
Try NAT Keep Alive Intvl: 15
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #4
wycodreams

Thank you, but dont work for me. I think that is problem is caused for voxalot voicemail, dont work in two accounts. I turn off the voicemail in each account, but dont work my sound, and again turn on the voicemail but it dont work (sound and voicemail).
This 2 accounts is in device 1, but the line 2 have sound in both legs in out going calls.
if i call of line 1 to line 2 in device 1 the voicemail works.
If i call between voxalot accounts of line1 to line 2 or line 2 to line 1 in device 1, the call have sound in both legs. Equal in device 2.
Some times the calls between device 1 and device 2 dont have sound in any leg.

Last edited by wycodreams; 05-09-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Unread 05-09-2008, 06:20 PM   #5
richard99

richard99 is on a distinguished road
Default Golden tip

If you using Sipura 3000 or 3102, please power off wait 20 sec and then power on. Most of the time problem solved.
richard99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 02:08 AM   #6
ctylor

ctylor will become famous soon enough

I am beginning to suspect the STUN server itself is failing. Changing the time from 28 to 20 to 15 does seem to have noticeable effect on decreasing the length of the periods of audio-loss but doesn't seem to eliminate it.

I am changing my STUN server to a different one than stun.xten.com (find others public STUN servers listed here: STUN - voip-info.org ) to see if it is the source of my problems.
ctylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2008, 03:44 AM   #7
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Voxalot also has a STUN server:

stun.voxalot.com 3478

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2008, 05:45 AM   #8
wycodreams

Hi again, my services is working, i change many settings. but I have a delay (10 to 15 secons) to connect the call. Can you help me. Thank you.
This problem is in both devices.