Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 10-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
ptruman

ptruman is on a distinguished road
Default No return audio?

I have a good one...SPA3102 is registering, but if I call, I get no audio back.

ie. 500# connects to something, but I get no return audio, on any dialplan!

Now, if I connect to Sipgate, it's ok.

I did try dialling my own Voxalot number, which went silent, and nothing happened - not even answerphone.

Does ringing yourself screw up the system? Why don't I get my own answerphone when I ring myself?
(and I'm still hunting answers to http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=527)

Last edited by ptruman; 10-05-2006 at 01:10 PM.
ptruman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
ptruman

Can an admin check the logs of my calls to help diagnose whats up? As mentioned, I can point the SPA3102 at any other provider and make a call. Voxalot currently is ringing out, but I get no audio back...
Unread 10-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #3
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Audio problems are frequently due to NAT issues in a router. If you are using a router, temporarily connect your ATA directly to your modem, bypassing your router. If the problem goes away, you've confirmed the router is the source of your problem. If the problem is with your router, there are often solutions, such as using a STUN server and/or port forwarding.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-07-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
ptruman

See this post : http://forum.voxalot.com/showthread.php?t=545

It's not the router (I think) - as it's FINE until I ring myself.....
Unread 10-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #5
Ron

Ron will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptruman View Post
It's not the router (I think) - as it's FINE until I ring myself.....
I'm not saying it IS your router, but I have run into situations where only one or two obscure calling cases would have audio problems. The most effective way to determine if your router is the cause is to simply eliminate it temporarily. The most reliable solution for me has been to forward SIP and RTP ports through my router explicitly to my ATA and also set up a STUN server in the ATA. This combination has cleared up every audio problem I've ever encountered.

For the past 36 hours or so, VoXaLot has been exhibiting a lot of erratic behavior which might be adding to the complexity of digagnosing your particular problem.

Ron
Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:56 AM   #6
ptruman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
For the past 36 hours or so, VoXaLot has been exhibiting a lot of erratic behavior which might be adding to the complexity of digagnosing your particular problem.
Quite possible, but the only actual problem I've seen manifest 'itself' has been Voxalot & my box stopping talking (Registration Failure). The problem whereby I call myself on any of my numbers, I can cause instantly! Dereg/rereg and it goes away...

I've had inbound/outbound calls all working, with and without STUN, with and without port forwarding - so I'm wondering if the VM problem is a "loop" issue (ATA->Voxalot->ATA etc) or something odd at the Voxalot end.
Unread 10-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #7
ptruman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron
Quite possible, but the only actual problem I've seen manifest 'itself' has been Voxalot & my box stopping talking (Registration Failure). The problem whereby I call myself on any of my numbers, I can cause instantly! Dereg/rereg and it goes away...

I've had inbound/outbound calls all working, with and without STUN, with and without port forwarding - so I'm wondering if the VM problem is a "loop" issue (ATA->Voxalot->ATA etc) or something odd at the Voxalot end.