Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 05-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #1
kiwalian

kiwalian is on a distinguished road
Default New to voxalot

HI,

I set up an account with voxalot yesterday and I was reading the information about registering my ata. I have a linksys pap2 and i use Koala (line 1) and Astratel (line 2) now from what I understand to use either vsp my ata needs to be registered with them.

From what i understand on voxalot I have two choices - setup a gateway (am not sure if the pap2 has that capability)
or setup Voxalot in line one instead of Koala.

If I make it outbound calls I understand they will go through Voxalot and then the calls would be routed by the dial plan I have in place.

So i would only have to have line one line active with multiple vsp's. But since Koala and Astratel both require the ata's to be registered with them how would this work.

I am not sure which direction to go. any suggestions

Thankyou in advance

Kiwalian
kiwalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:27 AM   #2
ataboy

ataboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwalian
HI,

From what i understand on voxalot I have two choices - setup a gateway (am not sure if the pap2 has that capability) or setup Voxalot in line one instead of Koala.

If I make it outbound calls I understand they will go through Voxalot and then the calls would be routed by the dial plan I have in place.

So i would only have to have line one line active with multiple vsp's. But since Koala and Astratel both require the ata's to be registered with them how would this work.
If you set up Koala and Astratel in the "Providers" section of Voxalot, that will handle the registration for you instead of having to do it in your PAP2. The advantage is that you can then access different providers on the one telephone. You can do this either by setting different "if" scenarios on your dialplan based on the number dialled or by accessing the providers manually (i.e. #1 for Koala and #2 for Astratel) - also set up in your dialplan.

However unless your providers allow you to redirect incoming calls to your Voxalot SIP address you won't be able to receive incoming calls on either of these providers. Mind you, as the PAP2 has 2 ports you could always put another telephone on the other port and register it with one of the providers directly.

I hope I've interpreted everything correctly here - I'm a Voxalot newbie myself. If I haven't, will someone please correct any inaccuracies, as I have a PAP2 and that's how I've done it!

ataboy
ataboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2006, 09:37 AM   #3
kiwalian

kiwalian is on a distinguished road
Default Unable to register with voxalot

Hi,

I have put the voxalot details in line 1 of my pap2 along with [x*][x*]. dial plan as mentioned but athe pap2 has this message

Can't connect to login server

I have put Koala and Astratel into the providers section of voxalot along with info for the dial plan.

Am i suppose to do something else for voxalot to find my pap2

any help would be great as I am new to voxalot

Thanks

Wayne
kiwalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2006, 09:00 AM   #4
maxalot

maxalot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwalian
Hi,

Can't connect to login server