Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 03-31-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
mercator

mercator is on a distinguished road
Default Betamax / Fritz!Box / Voxalot

Hi,

As the Betamax service is not working anymore, would it be possible to get it working "indirectly"? Let me explain:
- I have FRitz!Box running all that time connected to voxalot.
- This box also is connecte to a Betamax service (voipcheap)
- Would it be possible voxalot makes calls indirectly through my Fritz!Box to voipcheap by asking my Fritz!Box to establish the connection?

Thanks and have a sunny weekend,
Merctor
mercator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2007, 06:29 AM   #2
v164

v164 is a jewel in the roughv164 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercator View Post
Hi,

As the Betamax service is not working anymore, would it be possible to get it working "indirectly"? Let me explain:
- I have FRitz!Box running all that time connected to voxalot.
- This box also is connecte to a Betamax service (voipcheap)
- Would it be possible voxalot makes calls indirectly through my Fritz!Box to voipcheap by asking my Fritz!Box to establish the connection?
If the "Fritz!Box" can function as a SIP proxy, in the same way that OpenSER, etc, can, then I think it would be possible.

In fact, I've been thinking that perhaps I should put FreeBSD plus OpenSER on an old laptop and use it as a kind of "VoXaLot filter" - something that goes in between VoXaLot and the VSP or ATA that otherwise doesn't work with VoXaLot.

This could solve a range of incompatibilities:

- providers that block VoXaLot.

- providers that block all SIP traffic from outside their domain.

- ATAs that don't like "lr=on" in the "Record-route" header.

- Providers that don't terminate the last line of the SDP body with a CR LF (and/or phones or ATAs that don't accept such SDP bodies)

- Providers that ignore or don't correctly use the URI in the "Contact: " header in SIP REGISTER messages (for whatever reason).

(added 2007-04-01: )
- Providers that require a peculiar, private "domain" in the request URI (ie, the part to the right of the "@").

- various other permutations of SIP implementation that cause incompatibilities in some way.

Last edited by v164; 04-01-2007 at 12:36 PM. Reason: additional incompatibility cause listed
v164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 11:28 AM   #3
v164

v164 is a jewel in the roughv164 is a jewel in the rough
Default touching up the SDP

Quote:
Originally Posted by v164
In fact, I've been thinking that perhaps I should put FreeBSD plus OpenSER on an old laptop and use it as a kind of "VoXaLot filter" - something that goes in between VoXaLot and the VSP or ATA that otherwise doesn't work with VoXaLot.

This could solve a range of incompatibilities:

- Providers that don't terminate the last line of the SDP body with a CR LF (and/or phones or ATAs that don't accept such SDP bodies)
Not terminating the last line of the SDP body is, I believe, a spec violation.

However, I just read in RFC 3261 that for my "filtering proxy" to touch-up the non-compliant SDP body, to bring it up to spec, would also be a spec violation:

Quote:
The proxy MUST NOT add to, modify, or remove the message body.
I think I'm going to have to violate that clause to ensure compatibility
v164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2007, 04:44 PM   #4
wilsonhlacerda

wilsonhlacerda is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
various other permutations of SIP implementation that cause incompatibilities in some way
For some of these you can try a solution like this:
http://forum.voxalot.com/voxalot-sup...-solution.html
wilsonhlacerda is offline   Reply With Quote