Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 07-16-2007, 04:17 PM   #21
vikasintl

vikasintl is on a distinguished road
Question Thanks but if I upgrade what will be main advantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
I use the same thing (FreeDigits rather than TalkDigits, but they are all one and the same).

No you do not need to upgrade....
you said I can receive the calls same way I did..but if I upgrade will I be able to make call through voxalot?
I am not sure how..because I use x-lite software ..not any device ?
Just for your knowledge ipkall.com also give free DID number which also works but not as good as talkdigits or free digits ..oh btw can you give me proxy server address for freedigits is it proxy.freedigits.net?
vikasintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #22
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasintl View Post
you said I can receive the calls same way I did..but if I upgrade will I be able to make call through voxalot?
I am not sure how..because I use x-lite software ..not any device ?
Just for your knowledge ipkall.com also give free DID number which also works but not as good as talkdigits or free digits ..oh btw can you give me proxy server address for freedigits is it proxy.freedigits.net?
You can receive calls as long as the provider does not need to be registered inside VoXalot...

You can make calls at any time either Via VoXalot (or provider in VoXalot set active to yes and Register to No)

In your situation, both are free, no changes.

---------------
Go to either SipNumber.com, or FreeDigits.com and use the same login details as for talkdigits and you'll be able to login.

I have been using this:
Domain/Realm: sipnumber.net
SIP Proxy: proxy.sipnumber.net
Out Bound Proxy: outbound.sipnumber.net

proxy.freedigits.net, freedigits.net also seem to work.

Remember FreeDigits/TalkDigits/SipNumber/ClickDigits/CallDigits/OfficeDigits are all one and the same...Oddly enough though new accounts on SipNumber activate, but don't work, TalkDigits seems to be the only one handing out new working acocunts (Anyways, this isn't of much relevance, and they all give numbers in the same area code anyways)

Last edited by emoci; 07-16-2007 at 04:29 PM.
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #23
vikasintl

vikasintl is on a distinguished road
Question how can I make free calls??

Quote:
Originally Posted by emoci View Post
You can receive calls as long as the provider does not need to be registered inside VoXalot...

You can make calls at any time either Via VoXalot (or provider in VoXalot set active to yes and Register to No)

In your situation, both are free, no changes.

---------------
Go to either SipNumber.com, or FreeDigits.com and use the same login details as for talkdigits and you'll be able to login.

I have been using this:
Domain/Realm: sipnumber.net
SIP Proxy: proxy.sipnumber.net
Out Bound Proxy: outbound.sipnumber.net

proxy.freedigits.net, freedigits.net also seem to work.

Remember FreeDigits/TalkDigits/SipNumber/ClickDigits/CallDigits/OfficeDigits are all one and the same...Oddly enough though new accounts on SipNumber activate, but don't work, TalkDigits seems to be the only one handing out new working acocunts (Anyways, this isn't of much relevance, and they all give numbers in the same area code anyways)
I understand I can receive calls without upgrade but can I make free calls to mobile or landline numbers in usa?
I dont understand how?can you please explain?
where are u located? in which country?
vikasintl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #24
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikasintl View Post
I understand I can receive calls without upgrade but can I make free calls to mobile or landline numbers in usa?
I dont understand how?can you please explain?
where are u located? in which country?

No you cannot make free calls to mobiles or land line numbers in USA, for this you will need to sign up with a Voice Service Provider. To find the best one check out Voxalot's Global Provider Index. Here you will find Voice Service listed by Country and rated by Voxalot Community members on Call Quality, Features, Value and Support. It is an excellent source if you are looking for a good VSP any where in the world.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:02 AM   #25
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough
Default Web page diffrences browsing with IE or Firefox

When I am logged into my account, and on the Dial Plan page using Firefox, the last 2 columns of the middle section (Active, Edit/Delete/Comment Icons) are displayed positioned outside the rectangular border of the middle section.

The items overlapping the text in the RHS column are not editable.
I believe it's OK in IE.

I would appreciate if this was corrected to work with Firefox, as I generally do not use IE.

Thanks
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 12:53 AM   #26
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post
When I am logged into my account, and on the Dial Plan page using Firefox, the last 2 columns of the middle section (Active, Edit/Delete/Comment Icons) are displayed positioned outside the rectangular border of the middle section.

I believe it's OK in IE.

I would appreciate if this was corrected to work with Firefox, as I generally do not use IE.

Thanks
Hi Kurun,

Please PM me your 6 digit Voxalot account se we can see this first hand. Thanks.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 01:22 AM   #27
emoci

emoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to allemoci is a name known to all

Ok, so I may have had a bit of time on my hands, but there have been a few questions lately about what is an is not included, plus I sort of wanted to make a list for myself...Hope it helps, admin(s) make corrections where/if neccessary:

A summary of VoXalot Services:

Receiving Calls:

Receive Calls from other VoXalot Users
(Plans: All)

Receive Calls from Other VoIP Users (via SipBroker): *010-VoXID

Receive Calls from other VoIP Users (via SipURI): VoXID@VoXalot-Proxy

Receive Calls from PSTN (regular phones): SipBroker Access Number + *010-VoXID

Making Calls

Calling Other VoXalot Users

SIP Code Dialing/Calling other VoIP Users (via SipBroker): *SipCode + VoIP Provider Internal ID/Username

Calling other VoIP Users (via Sip URI): username@proxy.com

Calling Via other VoIP providers (as long as no registration required)

Calling North American Toll Free Numbers

Central for Multiple Service Providers

Add Unlimited Voip Service Providers (Outgoing Calls Only)
Active: Yes, Register: No
Will work with most providers (as long as no Sip Registration is required to place calls)

Register Multiple Voip Service Providers (Incoming Calls via that Specific Provider)
(VoX Basic: 0, VoXLite:1, VoxPro:5, VoxExtreme:10)

Features

VoiceMail
Set VoiceMail to answer calls after predefined time.
Check from your VoIP Line or PSTN

Smart Call/Dial Plan
Create your own dialing plans to route calls via the lowest-cost provider

Call Connection/Call Forward
Route Incoming Calls based on incoming CID or Provider to PSTN/VoIP/Voicemail using SipBroker, your own provider, or Sip Uri address. Set time period during which these forwarding rules apply.
(Plans: Only Premium Plans)

Web CallBack
Choose your number, the number you want to call and the providers you want to use to call each of the numbers. VoXalot places the calls via those providers and connects the two of you. (Charges vary on the providers you choose, VoXalot charges nothing)

Mobile Web CallBack (mobile.voxalot.com)
Same Features as Web CallBack, but from your mobile. You need to have already created PhoneBook entries.

Virtual Toll Free Button
Add a button to your website/blog. Whoever wants to get in touch with you enters their number or Sip Uri. VoXalot uses your dialing plans to place the call to their number, then calls you on your VoXalot line, and connects the two of you. Now clients can call you from your website at no cost to them. (Charges to place call will vary depending on the provider you choose, VoXalot charges nothing)

Speed Dial
Create your speed dial list with both Numbers and SIP URI and reach them by simply dialing **SpeedDial from your VoXalot line.

ENum Lookup
Looks Up if number you are calling has a SIP URI associated with it in the e164.org/e164.arpa etc. database. Calling a SIP URI is always free.

Non-Geo Lookup
Specific to UK(0870, 0845) and Australia (13) non-geographic numbers that are charged at higher rates, Inspects database to find closest geographic number.

How to use VoXalot:

VoIP Adapter
Multiple VoIP adapters can be registered with the same VoXalot account, with the first to pick up taking the call

Regular PSTN Line
Use WebCallBack to make calls, and a Voip Provider of your choice to forward calls to your PSTN line. (Charges for forwarding to Cell/Landline vary on the provider you choose, VoXalot charges nothing)

Mobile
Applicable only to mobiles with the ability to register onto a VoIP network.

VoXalot Plans:

VoXBasic: $0
VoXLite: $15/year
VoXPro: $25/year
VoXExtreme: $40/year

Last edited by emoci; 08-17-2007 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Added plan spec. for ENum and Non-Geo lookup & Speed Dial
emoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 01:30 AM   #28
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough

Hi Emoci,

Thanks for this comprehensive post that summarizes all of Voxalot features, functions and plans. I am sure the community will find it useful.

I had to just make a couple of edits.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 06:02 AM   #29
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurun View Post

I believe it's OK in IE.

Thanks
Hi Kurun,

This problem should now be fixed. Thanks.

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2007, 01:21 PM   #30
kurun

kurun is a jewel in the roughkurun is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the quick response. Problem is corrected. Web Page looks fine in IE, Firefox, and also in Opera.
kurun is offline   Reply With Quote