Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Unread 02-14-2007, 06:24 AM   #1
Tony

Tony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the roughTony is a jewel in the rough
Smile VoXaLot Celebrates One year Anniversary

Here at VoXaLot we find it hard to believe that a year has gone by since we launched the service on the web in February 2006. We did very little marketing with the exception of one press release on our ‘web call back service’ in April 2006. However we have somehow managed to grow our member base and coverage significantly. Our member base now covers just about every continent in the world. I guess that is the power of the internet, build some thing useful and they will come.

Given a year has gone by, I thought it would be a good idea to reflect on some of the improvements we have made to our service since then. Martin and the team have delivered the following in the past year:

1. VoXaLot launched in February 2006
2. Virtual PBX/Dial Plan Feature added in March 2006
3. Codec definition feature added in March 2006
4. Web Activated telephony with user controlled costs in March 2006
5. Mobile Web call back launched in May 2006
6. Move to new office space in December
7. Various following enhancements in February 2007
• Geographic number lookup
• Initiate Web call back/mobile call back via dial plan
• Voice mail enhancements
• Symmetric NAT Handling
• Geographically based server clusters
• Launch of European Server cluster
This was accomplished along with continued efforts to make the service reliable, secure and robust to improve our quality of service.

As we move into our second year of operations we have a number of new and interesting projects on the horizon. Our loyal members may have gotten wind of some of our projects and ideas based on the forum posts. Many of the ideas have come directly from our member base.

In 2007 we are planning on launching the following

1. New web site with a improved look & feel and usability enhancements
2. VoXaLot Premium services
3. VoXWebAPI
4. VoXRoam service
5. VoXMobile
6. VoXDialSelect

While some of the names of the products may change when we launch, the fundamental concepts have been defined. So stay tuned for a fantastic 2007 as we further improve the service and launch new and innovative services and products. We are also looking into translating the site content into multiple languages.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank our loyal members, our forum moderators, and the VoXaLot Team.

To our Members:

Our growth in membership is partly because you took the time to find us on line and read/persevere through the tutorials. I hope you found the exercise well worth the effort and will continue to use the service. Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the months and years ahead.

To our Forum Moderators:
(affinity, ctylor, dracofelis, evilbunny, jeffjuh, maxalot, pianoquintet, ron)

Thank you to all of you for supporting our forums and responding to member queries. The more you respond to the forums the more it frees up our team’s time to work on improving our service. Thank you and keep up the good work.

And finally, last but not least the VoXaLot Team:

Thank you so much for all your hard work on VoXaLot. It is truly amazing how much you all have achieved in a year. I am sure all of our loyal members and moderators join me in saying thank you and keep up the good work.

Tony.
Tony is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
pelikano

pelikano is on a distinguished road
Default Back to the future

Congratulations! Time flies when you are having fun…

Big plans you announce but I am a bit concerned about the capability to grow. With the little mathematics knowledge I have I calculated a maximum of 999999 accounts. It does not cover the future if you say “We did very little marketing” and “Our member base now covers just about every continent in the world”. For example I already have two accounts (phone and fax). This divides the user population by two.

It reminds me the movie Finding Nemo where the finally succeed to escape from the dentist fish tank and where floating on the sea in closed plastic backs saying: ”yes, and now…?!?”

Your team did a great job till now but a small advise “Think big, act small”

I am very curious how you see the future.

thxalot,
Leon
pelikano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
martin

martin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the roughmartin is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelikano View Post
Big plans you announce but I am a bit concerned about the capability to grow. With the little mathematics knowledge I have I calculated a maximum of 999999 accounts.
Thanks Leon,

This was one of the reasons we introduced the *010 dialling requirement for all VoXaLot numbers. This means that we can at any time introduce 7, 8 or 9 digit numbers.

So my advise is to hold onto your 6 digit number as they might be a sought after resource very soon

Please post support questions on the forum. Do not send PMs unless requested.
martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2007, 02:16 PM   #4
affinity

affinity will become famous soon enough

All is good, congratulations to Martin and the team!

Voxalot _is_ the best thing since sliced bread when it comes to VoIP services; your achievements to date have been phenomenal, keep up to good work, it is very much appreciated.
affinity is offline   Reply With Quote