Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > SIP Broker Forums > SIP Broker Support

SIP Broker Support Support for the SIP Broker service.

Unread 06-13-2010, 09:52 PM   #1

271368 is on a distinguished road
Red face Can i used voxalot via 3G Packet data?

Hi.
I don't have WiFi,Can I use this technique by the packet data 3G?
What the configuration for it?
271368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2010, 12:12 AM   #2
DracoFelis

DracoFelis is a jewel in the roughDracoFelis is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 271368 View Post
Hi.
I don't have WiFi,Can I use this technique by the packet data 3G?
What the configuration for it?
Voxalot itself doesn't care a whole lot how you get your internet, as long as that internet is of sufficient speed/quality, and you have the required SIP "client" to make/receive the call. So in theory it could work, but it would depend upon you having sufficient internet bandwidth, a SIP client on your laptop (or smart phone), etc.

Another possible option, would be to use the Voxalot web (or SMS) call service. In that case, you use the web (or send an SMS) to tell Voxalot to call both your mobile phone and the party you wish to talk to (via the VoIP provider you specify), and connect the two calls. The advantage of this approach, is that you don't need to support "end to end VoIP" on your mobile phone. However, the disadvantages of this approach are: A) You still need some way (for example, a web browser) to tell Voxalot to start the calls for you, B) You pay your VoIP provider for two calls (one call to you, and a second call to the party you want to talk to), C) If you don't have "unlimited incoming", you may use up mobile minutes when you answer the call from Voxalot, and D) I think the web call features are only available to paid premimum Voxalot members, and are not available on the free accounts.
DracoFelis is offline   Reply With Quote