Click Here To Visit SIP Broker  

Go Back   Voxalot / SIP Broker Support Forums > Voxalot Forums > Voxalot Support

Voxalot Support Support for the Voxalot service.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 06-13-2006, 09:49 AM   #12
Tslam

Tslam is on a distinguished road

> Cfwd Dest = 123456

Ah, brilliant! Thanks.

Now I can Cfwd to Voicemail. After recording one message, I can hear the SPA voicemail stutter tone when I pick up the handset. And I can retrieve & delete the message(s). It's very clunky, and rather distorted, but it works.

Other quirks to iron out:

. as the SPA call forwards to voicemail, ringing stops briefly, then resumes another 5-6 rings before I hear the vmail greeting - why not "immediately"?
. it doesn't email me a .wav file - why not?

The next step will be to try the "warmline" from the PSTN gateway. Maybe that's a project for tomorrow afternoon.

EDIT: I suppose that the Cfwd Dest to 123456 is diverting to voxalot voicemail because Line1 is busy. This is a "loopback", but apparently it works with voxalot - it didn't work with Astratel. That's why Astratel gave me their vmail IP address (about six months ago, when they were keenly supporting Whirlpool users).

I'm still thinking that forwarding to the voicemail server itself is more elegant, if voxalot allows it. That could avoid the 5-6 extra rings.

Last edited by Tslam; 06-13-2006 at 10:28 AM.
Tslam is offline   Reply With Quote